Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2012

Re: Ohio State Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    It must be hard to be friends with someone as perfect as you.
    Well i'm certainly not perfect, I predicted Romney would carry Florida and I predicted that the Reds would win game 3 against the Poseys.

But I don't cheat, and I don't lie (and trust me, that's the way the national John Q Public views Tressel, fairly or
    not ) and while I might forgive those who do, I don't agree with treating them like a hero before a National TV audience. Hasn't been a day in the last 20 years I haven't been willing to forgive Pete, but would draw the line at carrying him around the field before the world series.

Not a smart move. Nuff said.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 11-24-2012 at 09:03 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Well i'm certainly not perfect, I predicted Romney would carry Florida and I predicted that the Reds would win game 3 against the Poseys.

But I don't cheat, and I don't lie (and trust me, that's the way the national John Q Public views Tressel, fairly or
    not ) and while I might forgive those who do, I don't agree with treating them like a hero before a National TV audience. Hasn't been a day in the last 20 years I haven't been willing to forgive Pete, but would draw the line at carrying him around the field before the world series.

Not a smart move. Nuff said.
    I guess you don't consider the degrees of what people did wrong. What JT did isn't in the same stratosphere as what Clemens or Pete did. That's fine. We will just disagree. I think people should be celebrated for their legitimate accomplishments and you don't. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I guess you don't consider the degrees of what people did wrong. What JT did isn't in the same stratosphere as what Clemens or Pete did. That's fine. We will just disagree. I think people should be celebrated for their legitimate accomplishments and you don't. Nuff said.
    I can't resist. Actually, unlike Tressel, its never been proven that Clemens did anything wrong. And unlike Tressel, Clemens has never admitted that he lied or did anything wrong, and has been found innocent after trial of lying under oath. Now correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Tressel admit that he lied?

I can't resist. Actually, unlike Tressel, its never been proven that Clemens did anything wrong. And unlike Tressel, Clemens has never admitted that he lied or did anything wrong, and has been found innocent after trial of lying under oath. Now correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Tressel admit that he lied?
    Sure, but Clemens is also an arrogant SOB and Jim Tressel personified professionalism and class.

And honestly, I think 90% of Reds fans would go crazy cheering if Pete's BRM teammates carried him off the field at a World Series reunion...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post

And honestly, I think 90% of Reds fans would go crazy cheering if Pete's BRM teammates carried him off the field at a World Series reunion...
    Then they'd be hypocrites since, if Red Zone is any guide, the majority of Reds fans have condemned Pete and his action. Nor can i see JB and Morgan carrying Pete off the field.

"And I ask 'Do you have kids?' [If Rose is in] you can tell them that there are no more rules. We've all had to abide by rules."

Bench
    11/21/12

In any event its a hypothetical we don't have to worry about. Since Castelli took over, the Reds have pretty much made all the right classy moves. I think if Bud Lite ever did the right thing and forgave Pete, the Reds would be smart enough to low key it.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 11-24-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Then they'd be hypocrites since, if Red Zone is any guide, the majority of Reds fans have condemned Pete and his action. Nor can i see JB and Morgan carrying Pete of the field.

"And I ask 'Do you have kids?' [If Rose is in] you can tell them that there are no more rules. We've all had to abide by rules."

Bench
    11/21/12

In any event its a hypothetical we don't have to worry about. Since Castelli took over, the Reds have pretty much made all the right classy moves. I think if Bud Lite ever did the right thing and forgave Pete, the Reds would be smart enough to low key it.
    I stood and cheered loudly for the whole 02 team and Coach Tressel today. It was an awesome experience.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I stood and cheered loudly for the whole 02 team and Coach Tressel today. It was an awesome experience.
    Your honor, I rest my case.

My good friends who live in the bubble at Storrs think Jim Calhoun never did much wrong and I'm sure those in the Lexington bubble feel the same way about Calipari. Maybe they're right. But trust me, those who live outside the bubbles feel very differently. Its a question of perception.

Not a smart move.
    I'm not a UK fan and I don't have any issues with their coach. He's brilliant.

Enjoy the B1G championship game and your team's 7-5 record.

I find it frustrating that people will get on a high horse about NCAA violations while the entire system is exploiting kids. If you're a college football fan at all you're complicit in a seriously screwed up thing, to draw the line at someone breaking their idiotic rules is hysterical.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

I find it frustrating that people will get on a high horse about NCAA violations while the entire system is exploiting kids. If you're a college football fan at all you're complicit in a seriously screwed up thing, to draw the line at someone breaking their idiotic rules is hysterical.
    But he lied about it. How can you honor a man who lied about it? In prime time, on national television? Honor the team, but how can OSU be so foolish as to Invite Tressel and how can Tressel be so dopey as to accept? Not ready for prime time.

You and I agree 90 % of the time, and you're right, the whole system is rediculous (Rutgers?). And I guess winning is everything these days. But this was just a dumb classless move.

But he lied about it. How can you honor a man who lied about it? In prime time, on national television? Honor the team, but how can OSU be so foolish as to Invite Tressel and how can Tressel be so dopey as to accept? Not ready for prime time.

You and I agree 90 % of the time, and you're right, the whole system is rediculous (Rutgers?). And I guess winning is everything these days. But this was just a dumb classless move.
    He's OUR coach. And we'll do what we damn well please, and don't really care what anyone outside of the university thinks about it. That pretty much sums it up. You can get on your moral pedestal and act like Tressel is a horrible person. Or you can be reasonable about it, acknowledge his mistake, and also realize he did more for this university than anyone not named Woody Hayes.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    He's OUR coach. And we'll do what we damn well please, and don't really care what anyone outside of the university thinks about it.
    Fair enough. Don't think that attitude will play too well in the real world but if that's way you honestly feel, I have nothing to complain about.

Attack Cat!

In 2000 the Reds did honor Pete during the BRM reunion, and the crowd went crazy when they showed Pete on the big board and when Larking placed a rose on third base. They did so because they understood that you can honor and appreciate a man's tremendous contributions to a team and community without sharing or condoning his flaws.

Much ado about nothing.

The bottom line, for me, is that I don't think the rule he lied about makes any sense, thus I don't have a real problem with him lying.

Morality is a fuzzy thing. And Ohio State included him because it was his team, and the fans in Columbus I'm sure overwhelmingly view him fondly and would have wanted him there. The ceremony wasn't for you, and it wasn't for the national media, it was for Ohio State and the fans here.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

I'm a UK fan and I agree completely with everything that is bolded. Ask any UK fan about Enes Kanter and they will agree with you 100%. The other problem is obvious favoritism as well, especially in the case of Lance Thomas at Duke, similar situation to Ohio State, except Coach K was not forced to resign and Duke didn't miss the NCAA tournament.

I've always thought some Ohio State fans were hypocritical when they were calling Calipari a cheater yet Jim Tressel was the second coming of Pete Rose. Cal has never been implicated of any wrongdoing, and while Tressel has, it's more a victim of the NCAA's house of nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Your honor, I rest my case.
    Luckily I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks. Most people buy into media hype and believe whatever they are being force fed.

Ohio State fans quit worrying a LONG time ago what other people thought about their program. Most are jealous and/or irrational haters.

Yesterday was incredibly fun and I enjoyed every second of it. I bet that makes you mad.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?