Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Re: SEC Football discussion thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    5 out of 6 plays... but who's counting?

Too bad Tenn gave them life with that blocked punt but we'll see what happens in the 2nd half.

Care to compare the Big Ten with the SEC? Do what I'm doing and flip back and forth between UC's game at Illinois and the UT game in Knoxville. The crowd in Champaign resembles what you'd find at Musiv Hall. The difference in enthusiasm is huge and palpable
    Champaign-Urbana isn't exactly football country. Auburn drew 85,000 for their spring scrimmage following a historically poor season. There must be extra fluoride in the drinking water in Champaign or something. Also, UT is traditionally one of the greatest football programs in NCAA history. The Illini? Not so much.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Butch Jones needs a QB.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Butch Jones needs a QB.
    So does Bobby Petrino.

Somewhere, a UGA fan is pissed UF played so bad today.

Oh the life of an SEC fan rooting for hated rivals.

This is a big test for the Vols. It's one they should pass but it's not a given and in fact, it's one they have a danger of failing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    My upset pick of the week is Western Kentucky over Tennessee

Admittedly it's tough to judge college football teams this early given the lack of pre-season games but I'm sure not going to rely on RZ in order to get my scouting reports

To his credit, after seeing the teams, this person changed his tune and said something that's now obvious:
    After seeing the two teams on the same field, the Vols are better on offense, defense, and special teams
    Tennessee now has a very tough road ahead of them and I expect they'll get blown out next week, particularly in the 2nd half, but they were never in danger of losing this game. They're a much, much better team than WKU, as they should be. This was a ridiculous upset pick

Champaign-Urbana isn't exactly football country. Auburn drew 85,000 for their spring scrimmage following a historically poor season. There must be extra fluoride in the drinking water in Champaign or something. Also, UT is traditionally one of the greatest football programs in NCAA history. The Illini? Not so much.
    You're making my point. Tenn is a great football tradition and they're an also ran in the SEC. There is no place in the SEC that'd be as quiet as Champaign if their team was ahead by 3 TDs

Butch Jones needs a QB.
    He'll get it. Maybe not this year but he'll his guy. A High School stud should love playing in that place under that systerm

Admittedly it's tough to judge college football teams this early given the lack of pre-season games but I'm sure not going to rely on RZ in order to get my scouting reports

To his credit, after seeing the teams, this person changed his tune and said something that's now obvious:

Tennessee now has a very tough road ahead of them and I expect they'll get blown out next week, particularly in the 2nd half, but they were never in danger of losing this game. They're a much, much better team than WKU, as they should be. This was a ridiculous upset pick
    What about my post steered you in a wrong direction? The Vols were +6 in turnover differential at half and were only up by 14. They got lucky that WKU imploded for roughly 5 minutes otherwise, the Vols had a fight on their hands. The SEC OCs will watch this tape and salivate.

You're making my point. Tenn is a great football tradition and they're an also ran in the SEC. There is no place in the SEC that'd be as quiet as Champaign if their team was ahead by 3 TDs
    Your comparison would be like a big 10 fan comparing the gameday experience of Michigan with Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Somewhere, a UGA fan is pissed UF played so bad today.

Oh the life of an SEC fan rooting for hated rivals.
    Well. It does hurt UGa in the computer polls. So there's that.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I wonder if UF fans are blaming Urban for their loss yesterday. Since they seem to blame all of their problems on Coach Meyer.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    I wonder if UF fans are blaming Urban for their loss yesterday. Since they seem to blame all of their problems on Coach Meyer.
    No, but they doubt OSU have less than 2 losses if they had to play Florida's schedule and the Buckeyes might lost 3-4 with the gator schedule.
    Last edited by jojo; 09-08-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Well. It does hurt UGa in the computer polls. So there's that.
    They could care less.

SEC pride!

N/m
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 09-08-2013 at 10:32 AM.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

No, but they doubt OSU have less than 2 losses if they had to play Florida's schedule and the Buckeyes might lost 3-4 with the gator schedule.
    Dude, OSU would easily beat Miami. That was not a good looking game, UF just looks awful.

I just think it's pathetic hearing UF fans cry about Urban "leaving the cupboard bare" when his last year at UF brought them a Top 3 recruiting class.

Maybe Muschump just isn't a very good coach

And UF could have 3-4 losses if they played in the B1G as well. OSU, UM, NW, Wisconsin-all potential losses if UF played in the B1G.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Turn Off Ads?