Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Bars

Cleveland Bars

Going to Cleveland this weekend for the series. Dont know that I will be all that into the baseball games as well as things are going right now. However, I am always up for new bars. Anyone familiar with the area around Jacobs Field and have any suggestions? Thanks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cleveland Bars

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Going to Cleveland this weekend for the series. Dont know that I will be all that into the baseball games as well as things are going right now. However, I am always up for new bars. Anyone familiar with the area around Jacobs Field and have any suggestions? Thanks
    Panini's has good sandwiches. Other than that, I can't help you. There's been a bit of turnover in the area since I was last there.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Alesci's is a personal favorite.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Go to West 4th Street. Really close to the stadium and that's where all the action is downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Go to West 4th Street. Really close to the stadium and that's where all the action is downtown.
    It's been awhile since I've been downtown Cleveland as well....sad.

Anyway, is West 4th across from....damn, can't remember the name of that bar, something like Smiley's, Sunshine, something happy-named?

Last time I went to a Tribe game we went there before and after the game and it seemed to be packed. If I went back, I'd likely return there. Can't think of the name of it (the actual bar), though.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I've always liked the Rathskeller on Prospect. Not too far from the Jake and great sandwiches. Not really a bar (more of a tavern) but they have a large beer selection. I also second the nomination of Panini's.

Edit: If you want to stray farther from the ballpark, check out Great Lakes Brewing Company's brewpub.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

I think you mean East 4th street. There is a Corner Alley (Bowling Alley + Martini Bar), Pickwick and Frolic (Comedy Club, Restaurant, Lounge, Martini Bar), Flannery's Irish Pub, and Harry Buffalo Bar. I frequent this area somewhat, if you could not tell.

Close to the stadium is the Thirsty Parrot, where almost everyone goes right after games, nice big outdoor patio. Right across from the Jake is Local Heroes, that used to be Alice Cooperstown, as well as a few other bars. On Prospect Ave there are a bunch of others as well, including the above mentioned Panini's.

If you have time, I heavily recommend heading across the Carnegie/ Lorain bridge to Ohio City/ W. 25th area, great collection of bars including the Belgian Bar Bier Markt, as well as the Great Lakes Brewery Pub and Restaurant, not to mention all the great ethnic eateries there.

If you are feeling adventurous, try to find Tremont (or take a cab), this is a great neighborhood I visit often, and it has my favorite bar in all of Cleveland, the Treehouse.

EDIT: If you feel like clubbing, you want to head ot the Warehouse District, which is w 6th street and w. 9th, around St. Claire.

Fair Warning, all these hopping neighborhoods will make you insanely jealous of Cleveland. It pains me to say that as a diehard Cincinnatian.

Hope this helped, maybe I will see you at the games!
    Last edited by DoogMinAmo; 05-15-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    It's been awhile since I've been downtown Cleveland as well....sad.

Anyway, is West 4th across from....damn, can't remember the name of that bar, something like Smiley's, Sunshine, something happy-named?

Last time I went to a Tribe game we went there before and after the game and it seemed to be packed. If I went back, I'd likely return there. Can't think of the name of it (the actual bar), though.
    Doog corrected me.

Yeah Cleveland's night scene is pretty damn good.

Zoinks!

I enjoy The Blind Pig and the Velvet Dog. My wife and I had a great time at both of those

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    I think you mean East 4th street. There is a Corner Alley (Bowling Alley + Martini Bar), Pickwick and Frolic (Comedy Club, Restaurant, Lounge, Martini Bar), Flannery's Irish Pub, and Harry Buffalo Bar. I frequent this area somewhat, if you could not tell.

Close to the stadium is the Thirsty Parrot, where almost everyone goes right after games, nice big outdoor patio. Right across from the Jake is Local Heroes, that used to be Alice Cooperstown, as well as a few other bars. On Prospect Ave there are a bunch of others as well, including the above mentioned Panini's.

If you have time, I heavily recommend heading across the Carnegie/ Lorain bridge to Ohio City/ W. 25th area, great collection of bars including the Belgian Bar Bier Markt, as well as the Great Lakes Brewery Pub and Restaurant, not to mention all the great ethnic eateries there.

If you are feeling adventurous, try to find Tremont (or take a cab), this is a great neighborhood I visit often, and it has my favorite bar in all of Cleveland, the Treehouse.

EDIT: If you feel like clubbing, you want to head ot the Warehouse District, which is w 6th street and w. 9th, around St. Claire.

Fair Warning, all these hopping neighborhoods will make you insanely jealous of Cleveland. It pains me to say that as a diehard Cincinnatian.

Hope this helped, maybe I will see you at the games!

Thanks alot, I have some friends that wanted to hit up some clubs as well so hopefully we make it over that way. I will be on the Homerun porch for Saturday and Sundays game, wearing a Reds hat....should make it easy enough for ya to spot me.

It's not Alice Cooperstown anymore?

That stinks. That place was hilarious.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post

That is where the Blind Pig and Velvet Dog are. And boy is he right, it is a shame Cincinnati can't get something like their scene going here. It is very cool there.

Wow - no mention of the Flats.

(Which is a good thing now, btw)

I remember going with my uncle to Indians games in the early 80's. You went the the game, left the game, sprinted to your car, and drove out. No one stayed around.

Now, it's a plethora of nightlife.

Don't forget the Winking Lizard at Prospect and 9th!

Also, there's this bar down Bolivar Street. It's at the corner of Prospect and Bolivar near the Theatre district. I want to say it's called the "Corner Bar". Neat little place. Beer is good and cold.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Zoinks!

Yeah, my wife and I took a cab to the Flats 2 years ago and quickly took one right back to the warehouse district. When I had been in Cleveland 4 years earlier the Flats was hopping like crazy, this time there were like two places to go there. It was like a ghost town. That area took a dive quick.

Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    Yeah, my wife and I took a cab to the Flats 2 years ago and quickly took one right back to the warehouse district. When I had been in Cleveland 4 years earlier the Flats was hopping like crazy, this time there were like two places to go there. It was like a ghost town. That area took a dive quick.
    The Wollstein family wants everyone out so they can build condos down there and they haven't been able to work out a deal with the holdout owners. So of course no business owner in their right mind wants to open up down there.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?