Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Rangers, 06/30/2013

Re: Reds vs. Rangers, 06/30/2013

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    It's better than the alternative, but not exactly what you're looking for there after giving up one out already for a run.

If you want this team to be great and contend like we all thought they would, you have to keep the wheels moving in the 8th inning after starting bases loaded with no outs. You're not looking to give up multiple outs.
    I'm pretty well full of GIDP's in big moments and bad outs with RISP...

Baseball = hard
    RBI = good

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Let's be honest with ourselves, Texas is simply a better team.
    Because they won 2 out of 3 at home and one of those wins was because Cueto got hurt?

How do you know he had a problem? Didn't he only fail one drug test? big whoop.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/505524

He's done some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Way to downplay a productive AB resulting in an RBI. Lol

This forum will argue anything.
    The result was OK. His approach....early on was to hack and try to go for the big one.
    A problem with ALOT of players in the game right now.....since they do not, and most agree....about striking out, why just look to make contact and go for the base hit. If the homer happens great, but that is what they are looking for and people wonder why K's are up....runs are down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Because they won 2 out of 3 at home and one of those wins was because Cueto got hurt?
    No, I believed it before the series started and still believe it. If the Reds had swept them I would felt the same way.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    When does Dusty move Phillips into the 2 hole, bat Bruce cleanup and let our only 4 hitters try and produce something?

I know, ain't gonna happen.
    Dusty can't function without someone completely incompetent in the 1 or 2 hole.

And I'm not really a Dusty-basher. Just callin' that one like I see it (year after year after year).
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

We have no idea if we'd have won the game even with a healthy Cueto. In fact, odds would have been against us even with him.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    We have no idea if we'd have won the game even with a healthy Cueto. In fact, odds would have been against us even with him.

With a healty Cueto? I'd love to be your bookie?

Dusty can't function without someone completely incompetent in the 1 or 2 hole.

And I'm not really a Dusty-basher. Just callin' that one like I see it (year after year after year).
    Now that Paul is fissling out, who is your alternative?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

With a healty Cueto? I'd love to be your bookie?
    I'd make money on you in the long run. Cueto vs. Texas in Arlington? How many times out of 100 do you think you win that bet?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

No, I believed it before the series started and still believe it. If the Reds had swept them I would felt the same way.
    Then you must think the boys did pretty well this weekend- playing almost even on the road against a better team.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Now that Paul is fissling out, who is your alternative?
    Good question, but I think I'd go Choo-Votto-Phillips-Bruce and take my chances. You can flip-flop Votto and Phillips, but I figure they want that L-R-L thing. I don't worry about that as much with Votto after Choo as Bruce potentially after Votto, although Bruce has been much improved vs. LHP of late.

Just get your best guys up there at the top and stop running these guys out there who are easy to pitch to.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The result was OK. His approach....early on was to hack and try to go for the big one.
    A problem with ALOT of players in the game right now.....since they do not, and most agree....about striking out, why just look to make contact and go for the base hit. If the homer happens great, but that is what they are looking for and people wonder why K's are up....runs are down.
    Agree....Votto and BP do this regularly

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I'd make money on you in the long run. Cueto vs. Texas in Arlington? How many times out of 100 do you think you win that bet?
    A healthy JC against Martin perez? I think I'd win at least 1/2 those games, and since you're giving me odds, I'd come out ahead. I don't think you remember how good a healthy Cueto is.

Good question, but I think I'd go Choo-Votto-Phillips-Bruce and take my chances. You can flip-flop Votto and Phillips, but I figure they want that L-R-L thing. I don't worry about that as much with Votto after Choo as Bruce potentially after Votto, although Bruce has been much improved vs. LHP of late.

Just get your best guys up there at the top and stop running these guys out there who are easy to pitch to.
    Just don't see it as being that big a deal. Certainly not worth bashing Baker over time and time again.

Turn Off Ads?