Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chapman to DL

Chapman to DL

Chapman to the DL with shoulder inflammation Jordan Smith recalled

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chapman to DL

I was wondering if we would get a phantom DL stint. Should have called it a psychological issue or something. Kid just can't throw strikes.
    The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be! -Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by jrandal9 View Post
    I was wondering if we would get a phantom DL stint. Should have called it a psychological issue or something. Kid just can't throw strikes.
    I dont care what they call it as long as they call it out of Cincy for now.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Volquez should be the next to go. He's obviously got the same malady. Maybe it's contagious?

Ya I kinda figured we'd opt to DL him rather than send him down.

So, I can understand losing the strike zone, and he lost it big, but the loss of velocity makes me think there could be a bit of a phyical problem. His motion looked either manipulated to find the zone, or funny due to pain.

Chapman should be a starter. I'm now convinced. After the 15 day. Send him to Louisville and watch him start every 5th day until he derserves to be in the rotation.

Would have liked to see the Reds call this guy up and see what he can do..

Jeremy M. Horst

Lets Party Like it's 1869

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    Chapman should be a starter. I'm now convinced. After the 15 day. Send him to Louisville and watch him start every 5th day until he derserves to be in the rotation.
    Would like to see him as a starter as well, however i am not sold on his durability. Look what happened earlier this year, he pitched in a few games back-to-back, about 30 pitches or so. He then lost his speed and he didn't admit to anyone there was a problem (remember when Hernandez was speaking to him in the dugout following the inning). He was rested for half a week, came back and threw pretty well.

Until recently the wheels came off, not sure if it is truley a injury or a way to move players around until he finds out whats wrong mentally,mechanically. Either way, he has to prove he can handle the grind of a 100 pitch outing every 5th day. Not just throwing, but throwing for strikes. We dont need another Edison out there. As of now he hasnt proven that to me.

Turn Off Ads?