Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Davis

Re: Chris Davis

Worth pointing out that some schmo on Twitter was the inspiration for this "article" (fluff piece). So the echo chamber of social media fandom does actually make it into the public sphere from time to time. Unfortunately, this time it didn't help produce any new insight. Quite to the contrary IMO.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Yeah, they just weren't THAT extreme. I'd like to see what that park looked like myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That makes it look like a guy could accidentally hit a foul ball for a HR. Well, not technically a foul ball by those field dimensions, but a ball that the batter misses making full contact with and hits off to the left or right.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

As a throws R bats L, I'd love to play in that park.

36 for Chris Davis. Prior to ASB.

If he is doing something nefarious, he may want to cool it down.

7. Likes:

Norm Chortleton (07-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post

Only one away from the record before the All-Star Break.

Reggie Jackson hit 37 before the break in 1969, but then hit only 10 in the second half.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

He hit #37 today!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

And if he's not he should be prepared to forever be questioned for equaling a 44 year old record

11. Likes:

jojo (07-14-2013),RedEye (07-14-2013),reds44 (07-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    And if he's not he should be prepared to forever be questioned for equaling a 44 year old record
    Equaling? Isn't he tied for 2nd with McGwire and Reggie, behind Bonds?

Which puts him in the echelon where two of the most notorious PED users reside with a guy who did it the first half after some major rule changes in favor of hitters. With Davis in the middle of a downturn in offensive stats.

37 in a half, following a season when the MLB leader the previous season had 44. 50 in his last 126 games.

A totally amazing turn of events.
    Last edited by edabbs44; 07-14-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Equaling? Isn't he tied for 2nd with McGwire and Reggie, behind Bonds?
    He equaled the AL record. And 2 behind the NL and MLB record of big head Bonds.

A totally amazing turn of events.
    Yes tis amazing, and as we all know nothing but the ordinary ever occurs in baseball, it is a game of repetitive acts that occasionally lull WSJ writers to sleep and makes little children cry at it's lack of randomness.

15. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (07-15-2013),marcshoe (07-14-2013),RedEye (07-14-2013),Revering4Blue (07-15-2013)

Yes tis amazing, and as we all know nothing but the ordinary ever occurs in baseball, it is a game of repetitive acts that occasionally lull WSJ writers to sleep and makes little children cry at it's lack of randomness.
    I think recent history has given us ample reason to discuss and question way out of the ordinary offensive performances.

17. Likes:

NoCalRed (07-14-2013)

I think recent history has given us ample reason to discuss and question way out of the ordinary offensive performances.
    Discussion is a two way street, I see nothing resembling that when a power spike comes up with any player from you.

Now you may be right, and you may be wrong, but you always lean to former of the stances quite heavily.

19. Likes:

RedEye (07-14-2013)

Discussion is a two way street, I see nothing resembling that when a power spike comes up with any player from you.

Now you may be right, and you may be wrong, but you always lean to former of the stances quite heavily.
    We are in the age of PEDs. Many players in many sports are doing things athletically that are seldom, if ever, seen. And many of these outliers have been outed as time has gone on.

I apologize to the players who become the greatest power hitter overnight, the greatest physical specimen ever or the most dominant performer in the history of their sport during this time period. I will likely reserve my accolades and awe until 10-20 years have passed, just in case you are proven to be a fraud. I don't want to waste my time.

Haunted by walks

It's important to remember that the All-Star Game comes later this year, farther beyond the halfway point than other years, for comparison purposes.

Turn Off Ads?