Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I always wonder how much of the O taking there foot off the gas is Marvin trying to play it safe. Jay Gruden seems like a guy who always wants to play 90 mph.

SD is a tough game next week, Bengals always have trouble on the West Coast.
    We ran a bootleg, a reverse, took a shot deep, and mixed in some runs in those 3 and outs. The play calling wasn't real conservative, Dalton just took a lot of sacks and we didn't make the plays. I think the team just took their foot off the gas.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Need to win the next three, tall order, but possible. A six game winning streak out of the Bengals would be crazy.

Might be able to afford one loss if they can beat Baltimore or Pittsburgh, but you can't count on that. I thought they might be able to get in with 9 wins, but they needed Indy to lose to Buffalo I think for that to be realistic.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I didn't see it, what was the story on the Whitworth incident? This wouldn't be the first time he got ejected for standing up for his quarterback. Will he be suspended next week?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I didn't see it, what was the story on the Whitworth incident? This wouldn't be the first time he got ejected for standing up for his quarterback. Will he be suspended next week?
    We had a false start and after the play had been blown dead a Raider came and tackled Dalton. Whitworth went over and shoved him and got in his face, then a bunch of Raiders jumped in and there was a mini fight. According to Twitter there's a video of a Raider throwing kidney punches lol.

And I'd be shocked of Whit were suspended, he didn't do anything that bad. Most lineman are gonna stand up for their QB if he takes a cheap shot.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    We had a false start and after the play had been blown dead a Raider came and tackled Dalton. Whitworth went over and shoved him and got in his face, then a bunch of Raiders jumped in and there was a mini fight. According to Twitter there's a video of a Raider throwing kidney punches lol.

And I'd be shocked of Whit were suspended, he didn't do anything that bad. Most lineman are gonna stand up for their QB if he takes a cheap shot.
    The Kidney shots were from #90 on the Raiders. Somehow two Raiders were ejected from the game, but not the two that I saw throw multiple punches.

Dalton with 23 passing TD's on the season to go with 11 int's. Hated that Palmer quit but I will take how it all ended up.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Before the season started this Chargers - Cowboys - Eagles stretch looked murderous.

Now it's a 4-7 team, a 5-6 team, and a 3-8 team. You get into the back half of the season and a 3-8 team doesn't have much to play for anymore. Players still play hard, but it's difficult I think to get as fired up for a game in such a brutal sport when your season is long over.

I am really dumb because I've let them suck me in again, but I think they will be at least 8-6 with a good shot at 9-5 going into the last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I am really dumb because I've let them suck me in again
    It's been pretty obvious that these aren't your same old Bengals for a while now. There's a lot more character, a lot more talent, and a lot better coaching across the board. The old Bengals would have collapsed after a four game losing streak, I think it says a lot about the guys we have now that they were able to rebound the way they have. And a ton of credit goes to Marvin and Zimmer, the turnaround has happened because of our defense.

Also I don't think it makes you dumb for enjoying it. We have a young team with a lot of fight, fans should be excited about it.

I am a little worried about this Sunday though. Never easy to go play out West, and the Chargers are way better than their record indicates. The one thing I like is that Rivers will take sacks, and when he takes those sacks he'll fumble the ball a lot. Our defense is gonna need to keep it rolling.

As a long time Bengal fan, I've learned to enjoy things other than playoffs. Just because they fall short of the playoffs doesn't mean you can't enjoy them during the season such as defeating the champs (Giants), winning streaks or 3 straight blowout wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    As a long time Bengal fan, I've learned to enjoy things other than playoffs. Just because they fall short of the playoffs doesn't mean you can't enjoy them during the season such as defeating the champs (Giants), winning streaks or 3 straight blowout wins.
    Regardless of the team's success, this is a healthy attitude to have. Lance McCallister makes the point often, "You don't have to give the happiness back if they ultimately disappoint."

It's not like the cynics waiting for the team to come back to earth are exactly models of how to attain happiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I'm thrilled that they're in the playoff hunt. If they end up not making it, at least I had a chance to enjoy the past three weeks. If they started 0-5, that wouldn't have been the case

I'm pretty optimistic with most things in life but with the Bengals they are great at kicking me in the teeth once I start to believe this time is different.

I've enjoyed the last three weeks quite a bit. I didn't think they had the slightest chance of overcoming a four game losing streak, so maybe this time really is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I've enjoyed the last three weeks quite a bit. I didn't think they had the slightest chance of overcoming a four game losing streak, so maybe this time really is different.
    I didn't either and I'll give them credit for jumping back into it. I'm not convinced they'll go to the playoffs but if they do no more than give us a second winning season in a row then that'll be more evidence that they're not the same old Bengals

That is true, 9 wins would be a big milestone.

Huge huge blow to the offense. Sanu has a stress fracture in his foot and needs surgery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-for-season/

Turn Off Ads?