Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The move Walt needs to make

The move Walt needs to make

Many here were a bit upset we didn't get Lee. Now people want him to go after another bat or RP. If Walt REALLY wants to put this team in the best position to win the division and make the playoffs, there is only 1 move he needs to make and it won't cost us any young talent, just a few bucks.

FIRE DUSTY BAKER, GET BUCK SHOWALTER IN HERE.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The move Walt needs to make

What then fire Buck? Has he ever taken a team to the playoffs? I thought teams went to the playoffs after he left.

Buck Showalter is a moron.

Buck is a in your face type of manager, with a strong backgroun in winning organizations. This team has not had an in your face type manager who isn't going to worry about "pleasing" players. He will play the best ones and do what is best for the team, not worrying about hurting feelings....

Look at Lou "In Your Face" Piniella and what he has done to the Cubs.

I'll stick with Dusty, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightro28 View Post
    Look at Lou "In Your Face" Piniella and what he has done to the Cubs.

I'll stick with Dusty, thanks.

A) Lou isn't that type of manager anymore, he has aged
    B) The Cubs don't have the talent the Reds don
    C) Sticking with Dusty will get you what you saw last night and no playoff appearance, is that really what you want?

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    C) Sticking with Dusty will get you what you saw last night and no playoff appearance, is that really what you want?

Not sure about that statement.

If you're going to say fire Dusty Baker then at least replace him with a manager that's better. I think we need to call Bobby Cox everyday this off season until he gets so annoyed that he signs a 2 year contract.

He took a team who won the NL Central in his first two years to its current state, even while infusing the talents of Starlin Castro, Marlon Byrd, Carlos Marmol, Tyler Colvin, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    Not sure about that statement.

Sorry they don't. There is not one person on their roster that I would take and start on the Reds, can you name one?

Sorry they don't. There is not one person on their roster that I would take and start on the Reds, can you name one?
    Starlin Castro.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Marlon Byrd. Starlin Castro. They have a number of bullpen arms I'd love to have.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Starlin Castro.
    What does Starlin offer at SS that Brandon Phillips if played in the correct position brings to the table?

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

What does Starlin offer at SS that Brandon Phillips if played in the correct position brings to the table?
    Are we seriously going here? You want to move a gold glove 2B because you think he isn't playing the correct position? You're out of control man.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    Marlon Byrd. Starlin Castro. They have a number of bullpen arms I'd love to have.
    Byrd make make it as our 4th OF, but he doesn't start over Stubbs/Bruce/Gomes or Heisey. What bullpen arms? Really, have you seen their bullpen? Maybe and it's a huge maybe Marmol, but even then, I will take Rhodes as my closer over him.

Turn Off Ads?