Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Has South Park Jumped the Shark?

Has South Park Jumped the Shark?

Is anybody else disappointed with the new season? Last night's episode was about Britney Spears, yet it's central plot was "she had to die so harvest would be good". The premier when Cartman had AIDS was pretty predictable as well?

Anyone else think the show has lost its edge?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Has South Park Jumped the Shark?

Yes. South Park has jumped the shark starting roughly at episode 1.

Sorry, never been a fan of "adult cartoons" (with the exception of The Simpsons, and even that was short lived).

I've been dissapointed, but I'll be a little more patient because recent seasons have been excellent. Unlike The Simpsons, South Park has gotten better in time IMO...

These first 2 episodes have been pretty weak this year but I won't give up yet. Just last year Trey and Matt had the great "Imaginationland" episodes so I still have hope the show will get better.

I did not laugh last night or the previous week. None of the content, topic, or way they approached the topic were funny.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

This show is still on?
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I did not laugh last night or the previous week. None of the content, topic, or way they approached the topic were funny.
    Last night was the first time in a LONG while I haven't found something funny about a South Park episode.

I'm not going to say it jumped the shark -- but I'll definitely say that they had a giant swing-and-a-miss if they thought anything about last night was the least bit funny.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I dunno, I thought they're were some really funny parts in lasts nights episode. South Park has always been about about attacking what's current in the news and I definitely thought a Britney Spears episode was in order. It may not have been as funny as it could have been, but they addressed the topic in a witty way. The Children of the Corn ending was pretty solid too.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    This show is still on?
    I would honestly say that this show, while putting out a few clunkers, has gotten better with age. If you have stopped watching it the last few years you have missed some really good episodes.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

South Park will never lose it's luster with me. It's put some great episodes on in recent years. My all time favorite was the one about Michael Jackson. That was absolutly hilarious. I just don't find time to watch it much anymore, because I'm starting to watch Family Guy more. That pretty much covers me for the animated comedy shows.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    South Park will never lose it's luster with me. It's put some great episodes on in recent years. My all time favorite was the one about Michael Jackson. That was absolutly hilarious. I just don't find time to watch it much anymore, because I'm starting to watch Family Guy more. That pretty much covers me for the animated comedy shows.
    I can't believe it when people watch both of these shows. Have you seen the Cartoon Wars episode? I hate Family Guy...

BTW--the best episodes of all time are Rainforest Schmainforest, Scott Tenorman Must Die, and AWESOMO...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I can't believe it when people watch both of these shows. Have you seen the Cartoon Wars episode? I hate Family Guy...

BTW--the best episodes of all time are Rainforest Schmainforest, Scott Tenorman Must Die, and AWESOMO...
    How can you hate Family Guy??? I've had times where I've almost died laughing watching that. I love that they always make fun of Adam West though.

No I havn't seen cartoon wars. I'll have to watch it the next time it's on.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

How can you hate Family Guy??? I've had times where I've almost died laughing watching that. I love that they always make fun of Adam West though.

No I havn't seen cartoon wars. I'll have to watch it the next time it's on.
    be careful--Cartoon Wars is all about how much Trey Parker and Matt Stone hate Family Guy.

The reason I hate Family Guy--after watching probably 15 episodes, I can't remember what the storyline or theme was to a single episode. It can be funny at times, but usually it is just a series of random and stupid events. At least South Park feels like it has a point...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    be careful--Cartoon Wars is all about how much Trey Parker and Matt Stone hate Family Guy.

The reason I hate Family Guy--after watching probably 15 episodes, I can't remember what the storyline or theme was to a single episode. It can be funny at times, but usually it is just a series of random and stupid events. At least South Park feels like it has a point...
    I see what you're saying. It seems like they start with a topic, mix in random humor, and finish with the original topic. Sometimes I wonder how they ever come up with some of the scenes though.

I would be a huge South Park fan, but the animating is pretty bad, and it is a bit inconsistant on the humor side. Some episodes are the funniest thing ever, and some are just stupid.
    -LTlabner

I see what you're saying. It seems like they start with a topic, mix in random humor, and finish with the original topic. Sometimes I wonder how they ever come up with some of the scenes though.

I would be a huge South Park fan, but the animating is pretty bad, and it is a bit inconsistant on the humor side. Some episodes are the funniest thing ever, and some are just stupid.
    You really can't go wrong with any episodes in seasons 8 through 10--especially if you like the political humor--I have them all on DVD. The animation doesn't really bother me...

Turn Off Ads?