Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NFL Players play fantasy football

NFL Players play fantasy football

In a recent ESPN article, Cato June (Colts LB) was interviewed, and he said that he plays fantasy football. I found that kind of counterproductive. He said something like, they gave up a touchdown to Tom Brady, and at first he was like, "Crap, we just gave up a touchdown," but then he was like, "That's 6 more points for my fantasy team." I find this a bit strange. Are MLB players allowed to play fantasy baseball, and what do you all think about allowing NFL players to play fantasy football?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: NFL Players play fantasy football

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    In a recent ESPN article, Cato June (Colts LB) was interviewed, and he said that he plays fantasy football. I found that kind of counterproductive. He said something like, they gave up a touchdown to Tom Brady, and at first he was like, "Crap, we just gave up a touchdown," but then he was like, "That's 6 more points for my fantasy team." I find this a bit strange. Are MLB players allowed to play fantasy baseball, and what do you all think about allowing NFL players to play fantasy football?
    If they bet on it, it's a problem. But if they don't, then it's hard to think that a sane player is going to play less hard just for the pride of winning his non-pay league.
    Stick to your guns.

I saw the interview. It was totally tongue-in-cheek.

It could definitely be a conflict of interest but how do you stop it? Chili's right. Being champion of your fantasy league is one thing but it's not near as important as your livlihood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It could definitely be a conflict of interest but how do you stop it? Chili's right. Being champion of your fantasy league is one thing but it's not near as important as your livlihood.
    I agree, but it just seems odd to even think that when you are on the field. I did not see the interview, I only read it, so that is good to know that it was only "tongue in cheek."

Beating Yourself Takes New Meaning

Chris Cooley: "I just like to do it with my friends." :ughmamoru
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

I believe in year's past they have interviewed baseball players in spring training that were doing fantasy baseball drafts after the whole March Madness thing was over.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?