Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Would You Like to See OSU and Michigan in the Same Division of the Big Ten?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 80.00%
  • No

6 20.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OSU-UM Football Rivalry

Re: OSU-UM Football Rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Do Michigan fans WANT the 'rivalry' to continue?

As they say, sometimes the better part of valor is discretion.
    My guess is unless there is some sort of miracle this season, Rich Rodriguez will be gone. I honestly believed Michigan hired Rodriguez because 1. the spread option has given Ohio State problems in the past, and 2. Rodriguez would have been a good play in order to convince Terrelle Pryor not to go to Columbus.

Rodriguez is the college football version of Billy Gillispie, good success at a smaller school, but not the kind of coach you want if you are in the national spotlight.

I believe Les Miles was and still is the right coach for Michigan. Don't know if that will ever happen though, even if he does get canned from LSU after this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm sure WMR was ready for UK to admit they couldn't compete with UofL back when Petrino's teams were dominating UK a few years back (and after John L's teams and even Ron Cooper's teams had pretty much owned the series).

Strangely, the tides sometimes turn.
    I never wanted to stop playing UL. I knew they would eventually turn into U of L again.

Now OSU on the other hand..... I don't think that train will ever quit rolling.

Now ask me if I'd like to get out of playing UF every season.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I never wanted to stop playing UL. I knew they would eventually turn into U of L again.
    Happily for us, you guys will always be UK, so we'll never be too far out of it.

And while Ohio State is usually gonna be Ohio State, Michigan is going to get back to being Michigan soon, too. They're impossible to keep down for long.

Happily for us, you guys will always be UK, so we'll never be too far out of it.

And while Ohio State is usually gonna be Ohio State, Michigan is going to get back to being Michigan soon, too. They're impossible to keep down for long.
    hahahahahahahahah thank you for the laugh

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    My guess is unless there is some sort of miracle this season, Rich Rodriguez will be gone. I honestly believed Michigan hired Rodriguez because 1. the spread option has given Ohio State problems in the past, and 2. Rodriguez would have been a good play in order to convince Terrelle Pryor not to go to Columbus.

Rodriguez is the college football version of Billy Gillispie, good success at a smaller school, but not the kind of coach you want if you are in the national spotlight.

I believe Les Miles was and still is the right coach for Michigan. Don't know if that will ever happen though, even if he does get canned from LSU after this season.
    I work with a few UM grads, they (as well as I) believe that RR is not a "Michigan" guy, never has been, never will be and well... was a bad choice for that program.

As for "stop playing OSU" to make yourself look better as WMR suggests, well that's not the UM way either.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    You mean the same one that Michigan leads, 57–43–6?

Ummm yeah.
    or the one OSU leads 31-27-2 since 1950...

I wonder what sort of response you would receive if this question was posed to the current UM student body?

Bingo.

I used the Billy Gillispie comparison and I think it is a relatable one in this thread. WOY said that people in Michigan do not like Rod because he is not "a Michigan guy". While true, it speaks that there is a need for a coach who can unite the fanbase again, the same way John Calipari did at Kentucky. Once that happens, that train will start rolling again.

Using WMR's logic, I wonder how many OSU fans would have liked to have gotten out of playing Michigan during the 1990's, when Ohio State was on the cusp of playing for a national championship but always got knocked out by Michigan.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I would think, if tOSU and UM wind up in different divisions, that each team will be allowed to select another school in the other division that they will play every year. In this case UM and tOSU would play every season.

With a championship game, it takes a bit of the shine off the rivalry if they end up playing in the championship game. It might end up somewhat anti-climatic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

UM and RR each got what they deserved when they hooked up, IMO.

UM has historically done well when they've poached top shelf talent from Ohio. When Tressell shut of that pipeline, the tide turned.

I think UM is going to have a tough time returning to the status as an elite power every year. Michigan as a destination is a really tough sell. Especially on 18-23 year olds who also have options to head to places like Austin, LA, Tallahassee, Miami, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Michigan as a destination is a really tough sell. Especially on 18-23 year olds who also have options to head to places like Austin, LA, Tallahassee, Miami, etc.
    And Columbus is the Paris of the Midwest?

I'm sure WMR was ready for UK to admit they couldn't compete with UofL back when Petrino's teams were dominating UK a few years back (and after John L's teams and even Ron Cooper's teams had pretty much owned the series).

Strangely, the tides sometimes turn.
    Better yet, how's that football rivalry goin' with UT? My guess is he doesn't want that one dropped...

I am sure they will somehow guarantee the schools play every year but if they end up in seperate divisions the game will be moved up earlier in the year. I guarantee they will avoid a situation where OSU and Michigan would play at the end of the regular season and then meet again in the Championship game the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    And Columbus is the Paris of the Midwest?
    In terms of football talent compared to Michigan? Yes it sure is.

I think that is what 15 fan was talking about.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I agree that Michigan will get back to being Michigan soon. Don't know how soon "soon" is, but it will happen.

I cringe when I hear my fellow OSU fans barking and woofing about how UM sucks. It wasn't that long ago the shoe was on the other foot and paybacks are a witch.

I guess you just have to pile it when when you are the big dog. Not my style though.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?