Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone in the media needs to hold Walt accountable

Re: Someone in the media needs to hold Walt accountable

I'm off the Latos band wagon. The kid doesn't have the mental ability to become the top of the rotation starter we traded the farm for. Stuff? There. Control? Meh. Mental ability? Noooope.

I wish more than anything we still had Grandal on the team. Having a switch hitter would be awesome and exactly what this team needs. ****.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    I mean, if you guys want Willie Harris and Mike Costanzo as our LHB pinch hitters off the bench instead of Alonso, then that's your call
    So u would waste the kid as a PH?

So you'd rather have Latos in the rotation than Chapman?

How many games has Chapman started? We have no clue if Chapman is starter material or not...we know Latos is...

Fair point.

My point is, they were already grooming Chapman to move into the rotation prior to the 2012 season.

I don't see the point in making the trade when they did unless it was going all-in this year.

And now people are giving Latos a pass cause he's young. Sorry, when you give up as much as the Reds did, you can't afford to miss
    How do we know we missed?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I'm off the Latos band wagon. The kid doesn't have the mental ability to become the top of the rotation starter we traded the farm for. Stuff? There. Control? Meh. Mental ability? Noooope.

I wish more than anything we still had Grandal on the team. Having a switch hitter would be awesome and exactly what this team needs. ****.
    How would he help he would be in AAA.

Who said anything about this year? I don't care if he's in AAA until September 2013, I think Grandal is going to be better than Mesoraco when all is said and done.

Who said anything about this year? I don't care if he's in AAA until September 2013, I think Grandal is going to be better than Mesoraco when all is said and done.
    Based off of what?

The idea that the Reds gave up the house for Latos is an absolute fallacy. The fact is that Latos is the most proven Major Leaguer in that deal with the exception of Volquez and anyone who claims that they would rather have seen Volquez back than having Latos is a flat out liar.

Alonso, the supposed great talent (who is one year OLDER than Latos) is hitting a very Chris Heisey like .255 with 2 HR and 17 RBI. Quite the impact player that we all expected.

Boxberger, the same age as Latos, has just made his MLB debut and will pitch middle relief for San Diego. I'll go out on a limb and say that the Reds are not desperate for middle relief help.

Grandal, the only one younger than Latos, has exactly one MLB at bat and is currently back in the minors. Also, given the fact that Mesoraco has shown glimpses of success in his rookie year it's hard to argue that Grandal was expendable.

Latos has been far from outstanding but also hasn't been nearly as bad as some here claim. Now, predictably, those who hate the trade will fire back with some nonsense that the players that were sent to San Diego are young and will continue to improve and show themselves to be quality major leaguers. Well, Latos already is a quality major leaguer at the same age as they beloved prospects. If they will improve, why won't Latos?????

The Reds had a need for a starting pitcher and they filled it with a young player with immense talent. If and when he is able to harness his abilites (much like Cueto and to a lesser extent Bailey have) some of you will look downright foolish.

Those proclaiming this deal a bust after 2 1/2 months already are foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    The idea that the Reds gave up the house for Latos is an absolute fallacy. The fact is that Latos is the most proven Major Leaguer in that deal with the exception of Volquez and anyone who claims that they would rather have seen Volquez back than having Latos is a flat out liar.

Alonso, the supposed great talent (who is one year OLDER than Latos) is hitting a very Chris Heisey like .255 with 2 HR and 17 RBI. Quite the impact player that we all expected.

Boxberger, the same age as Latos, has just made his MLB debut and will pitch middle relief for San Diego. I'll go out on a limb and say that the Reds are not desperate for middle relief help.

Grandal, the only one younger than Latos, has exactly one MLB at bat and is currently back in the minors. Also, given the fact that Mesoraco has shown glimpses of success in his rookie year it's hard to argue that Grandal was expendable.

Latos has been far from outstanding but also hasn't been nearly as bad as some here claim. Now, predictably, those who hate the trade will fire back with some nonsense that the players that were sent to San Diego are young and will continue to improve and show themselves to be quality major leaguers. Well, Latos already is a quality major leaguer at the same age as they beloved prospects. If they will improve, why won't Latos?????

The Reds had a need for a starting pitcher and they filled it with a young player with immense talent. If and when he is able to harness his abilites (much like Cueto and to a lesser extent Bailey have) some of you will look downright foolish.

We can go ahead and end this thread now. This guy gets it.

So you'd rather have Latos than Gio Gonzalez?

I didn't know Dallas Latos posted on Redzone

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Based off of what?
    30 years of watching baseball and seeing that Mesoraco hasn't done anything impressive outside of 2010. Grandal's defense is nearly as good, he's a switch hitter and he's developing at a fast pace than Mesoraco has.

I didn't know Dallas Latos posted on Redzone
    Message boards 101....when you can't argue the point attempt to deflect the fact you got owned by posting a irrelevant, idiotic comment.

And since you brought up her name my guess is that you are one of those Twitter tough guys that send pathetic things to her. If so, you should be so proud.

Message boards 101....when you can't argue the point attempt to deflect the fact you got owned by posting a irrelevant, idiotic comment.

And since you brought up her name my guess is that you are one of those Twitter tough guys that send pathetic things to her. If so, you should be so proud.
    Haha, I've never posted a thing to her. The original part of the thread is why Walt focused on Latos and not Gio.

30 years of watching baseball and seeing that Mesoraco hasn't done anything impressive outside of 2010. Grandal's defense is nearly as good, he's a switch hitter and he's developing at a fast pace than Mesoraco has.
    Based off of his one major league at bat?

Turn Off Ads?