Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction: Chapman Will Be Up In Place Of..

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Prediction: Chapman Will Be Up In Place Of..

Russ Springer.. Springer left the game with what seems back spasms. Chicago will have their hands full if both Chapman and Dickerson are called up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Prediction: Chapman Will Be Up In Place Of..

I'm guessing Dickerson isn't back until after this weekend w/ his Grandmother's funeral and all. On monday, Stubbs go down, Dickerson is re-instated.

An added benefit of Springer going on the DL could be that they could leave him on the DL, then a rehab assignment thru september 1st, then use the month of september to decide if Springer or his replacement or someone else should be left off the 25 man playoff roster (hopefully that's an option). Could be a way for a guy like Chapman to be on the 25 man roster prior to September 1st, but not have to worry if he's playoff roster worthy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I'm guessing Dickerson isn't back until after this weekend w/ his Grandmother's funeral and all. On monday, Stubbs go down, Dickerson is re-instated.

An added benefit of Springer going on the DL could be that they could leave him on the DL, then a rehab assignment thru september 1st, then use the month of september to decide if Springer or his replacement or someone else should be left off the 25 man playoff roster (hopefully that's an option). Could be a way for a guy like Chapman to be on the 25 man roster prior to September 1st, but not have to worry if he's playoff roster worthy or not.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dickerson is up here on Friday.

People in the game thread have it right. Call up Homer in place of Springer and Chapman in place of Bray.

Is Springer for sure going on the DL? I haven't seen anything confirming that so I think we may be jumping the gun some.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dickerson is up here on Friday.

People in the game thread have it right. Call up Homer in place of Springer and Chapman in place of Bray.
    could be, he played for Louisville on Tuesday night, though the death was already known, sounded like sometime on monday night/tuesday morning. Getting back from Cali for an afternoon game on Friday would seem like an awfully quick turnaround for a funeral. I don't know his relationship, perhaps he wants to be there all weekend, perhaps he just wants to pay his last respects today & tomorrow morning, and thinks he grandmother would like him back in cincy playing in the majors. Each person deals w/ these situations in different ways, so Friday is definently a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Is Springer for sure going on the DL? I haven't seen anything confirming that so I think we may be jumping the gun some.
    specualation at this point.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Perhaps.. But I give you exibit A. Harang. Springer limped off the field per announcers and had visable mechanics issues.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Why is everyone talking of Stubbs going down? did I miss something?

Is this why Stubbs has not played the last three days at all? Are they preparing him for a demotion?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Why is everyone talking of Stubbs going down? did I miss something?

Is this why Stubbs has not played the last three days at all? Are they preparing him for a demotion?
    Rolen pinch hit today on his day off in a 9-1 game instead of using Stubbs.

What's that tell ya?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

What's that tell ya?
    Not much, really. I could see Stubbs going down, but I don't think it's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Not much, really. I could see Stubbs going down, but I don't think it's a given.
    I guess it could mean Dusty was trying to clear his head for awhile, didn't think of that.

With the way Dickerson is hitting I think it's him going down though.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post

What's that tell ya?
    Why not send him down immediately then? Why leave him idle for three days straight? It is telling, I'm just questioning the manner in which they're doing it.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Chapman is going to replace Bray, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Why not send him down immediately then? Why leave him idle for three days straight? It is telling, I'm just questioning the manner in which they're doing it.
    Perhaps there was a pretty good sense that Dickerson's grandmother was about to pass, so they we leaving him down there as long as possible so they wouldn't have to do a quick recall on a bereavement roster move. I don't know if her passing was sudden or not, but there's a possible reason. Dickerson's rehab time is up, so a roster move has to be made of some sort to get him back up here. Can't send heisey back down now, gomes isn't going down, I imagine he's out of options anyways, as is Nix who's hotter than a bear in heat. So that leaves either Stubbs or Bruce. I'm guessing Stubbs, as are many. It just makes too much sense at this point.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

They also need to watch Rhodes. His career high in appearances was 72. He hit 52 today with 50+ games left. Dusty needs to figure out a lefty he can trust and soon.

Turn Off Ads?