Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Ohio U Football

Re: Ohio University football 2010

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    When i went there games were free and the QB was 5'7" and they ran the single wing I think... and that was in the 80's
    I was there in the early 70's when they still had Bill Hess. He had a long successful run there.

The Bobcats won a national championship in 1960, albeit a national college division championship.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I was there in the early 70's when they still had Bill Hess. He had a long successful run there.
    You probably saw my dad and uncle play there during that time then.

I've always had a soft spot for the Bobcats and like to see them do well.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Marshall fan here. I think you all will have a pretty good team and I'm looking forward to our matchup on 9/25. We play Bowling Green the week before so it should give you a good idea of how you stack up with the Falcons. I was happy when we played in the bowl game last year and am thrilled we are resuming our rivalry. There is no reason Marshall and OU shouldn't play every season.
    We will rollllllllllll over them.

But really, im looking forward to playing Ohio again. I had a blast going up to Detroit last year. Looking forward to heading to Athens again next year.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

I always love it when an Ohio State fan asks why I don't root for their team, then follows that up with "you live in Ohio, you should root for the team that represents your state." I never understood why that even sounded like a good argument. Heck, half of them were UK Basketball fans.

I have always wanted to see OU do well. Our high school team always played at the Convo for basketball tournaments and it was the first University I had seen so it was pretty neat to me at the time. I was probably 7-8 the first time I was there. I've always tried to look and see how the Football and Basketball teams did.

Re: 2010 Ohio U Football

Pretty sloppy at times vs. Wofford, but got the job done.

Will need to do a bit better than that as we head into MAC play, and that type o f effort CERTAINLY won't fly against OSU.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    You probably saw my dad and uncle play there during that time then.

I've always had a soft spot for the Bobcats and like to see them do well.
    My dad, my mother and my sister all went to Ohio University. I'm actually the only person in my immediate family not to hold a degree from the Harvard on the Hocking.

I too have a big soft spot for Ohio University. Back in the day, I took them to many national titles in the various NCAA Football titles for the original Play Station.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Attack Cat!

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Pretty sloppy at times vs. Wofford, but got the job done.

Will need to do a bit better than that as we head into MAC play, and that type o f effort CERTAINLY won't fly against OSU.
    The happiest development was the play of the freshman running back, Ryan Boykin. The running game was so bad last year that it's nice to have a prospect back there.

Gonna whoop that @ss up in The Shoe next Saturday

dogmeat !!

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    I always love it when an Ohio State fan asks why I don't root for their team, then follows that up with "you live in Ohio, you should root for the team that represents your state." I never understood why that even sounded like a good argument. Heck, half of them were UK Basketball fans.

I have always wanted to see OU do well. Our high school team always played at the Convo for basketball tournaments and it was the first University I had seen so it was pretty neat to me at the time. I was probably 7-8 the first time I was there. I've always tried to look and see how the Football and Basketball teams did.
    Tell that to WVU and Marshall fans, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Tell that to WVU and Marshall fans, lol.

I am quite familiar with that tired argument. I don't cheer for the Bearcats because they are from Cincinnati, so I certainly won't cheer for a college team because of their home state.

Went up there, got our ass beat, passed go and collected our $200 (more like 850k).

So, all went according to plan.

Just for fun, here was the halftime score this time around:

34-0.

Looks like OU is going to have to get someone else to don the mascot costume.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5596131
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Big game tomorrow against the Blundering Turds. A win could really jump-start this so far sup-par season.

I hope one of our QB's establishes them self as the starter tomorrow. We need more consistency especially without any running game to speak of.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Turn Off Ads?