Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State - Michigan 2009

Ohio State - Michigan 2009

OK, I hate the Buckeye uni's today. Oogly.

I know a lot has been said about the Buckeye offense's predictability so I don't want to belabor the point too much. But it's not just predictability, they run the EXACT SAME PLAY at least half the time on first down. It's the straight dive to the right between the center and guard. It's the the same side, same blocking, same everything. And it rarely gets more than a yard or two as everyone knows it's coming. I understand the desire to run on first down, but at least change up the running play a little. Try running to the left every once in a while. Jeez.
    Last edited by MWM; 11-21-2009 at 12:16 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ohio State - Michigan 2009

I love the uniforms!
    GO BUCKS
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

LETS GO BLUE

Prediction:

If Michigan gets destroyed= RR will be canned
    If Michigan plays it close= 70/30 RR will be canned
    If Michigan wins= RR gets a 10 yr extension... not really but he'll save his job... for now. Hopefully he continues to suffer at Michigan.

And now for something completely different...

Skip Holtz for WVU head coach in 2010! Stu is stewed!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I'm a UC fan, and I really don't have a preference on who wins this game, but I guess if I had to pick I would take OSU. I've been a little surprised at Michigan being able to move the ball as well as they are right now. Aside from the fumble in the end zone Michigan has controlled most of the game. The Buckeyes are 100 times better playing with a lead, so if they can continue to hold Michigan to field goals or less the Bucks will win with no problem.

Retired

I'm not an OSU fan either, but I like the uniforms. The helmets suck though, kind of plain.

What a beautiful game. Both teams have WR's playing QB.

The Bucks uni's don't do it for me, the current uni's are way better. Especially the helmets.

Liked the unis more than I thought I would. Loved winning 6 in a row just about as much as I thought I would.

Another game where we didn't have to pass to win. Oregon might make us do that, but honestly I think we shut down that O too. Run the ball, control the clock, force TOs and win by 10. It's not pretty but I'll take it.

-6 straight against UM

-5 straight Big 10 titles

-5 straight 10 win seasons

-most BCS bowl game ever

-1 for 3 in National Championship games(i guess this is viewed as the Bucks lone failure but I choose to list it as an accomplishment)

Everyone that says they're predictable couldn't be more right.Congrats Bucks on another Big 10 championship and win against UM.

I miss good Michigan teams, when beating them isn't like the bully beating the snot nosed wimp on the playground. However, I know that Wolverines felt the same way until Tressel came along. Still, beating them never gets old. Rodriguez at least won another year, though, since I agree with the earlier post that a respectable game would probably means he keeps his job.

Predictable or not, I am sure they approached 200 yards on the ground again. Its not flashy, but its effective.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Rodriguez at least won another year, though, since I agree with the earlier post that a respectable game would probably means he keeps his job.
    The score was respectable, but his team sure did commit a lot of turnovers. I was pondering near the end of the game whether that would outweigh the closeness of the score in the minds of the decisionmakers.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Predictable or not, I am sure they approached 200 yards on the ground again. Its not flashy, but its effective.
    OSU ended up with 251 yards rushing, the 5th straight game they've run for 200+. They are 5-0 in those games.

If they play Oregon in the Rose Bowl, they could run for 250+ again but it will come down to the D holding them to 21 points or less.

If they play Arizona I think OSU's D will dominate.

Oregon will obviously be the favorite against Oregon State, especially with the game at Oregon, but I think Oregon State will give them a run for their money. Should be a good one to watch. I have a hunch that it might be OSU versus OSU in the Rose Bowl.

I think Michigan's decision on Rodriguez will all depend on who they think they can get to replace him. If there was ever a question on Weis, that was answered today with the loss to Uconn (even the most ardant Weis fans I know from ND are ready to turn the page). That means they could be competing with ND for candidates. If the rumors of Kelly not being a candidate at ND are true, then if they think they can get him, that might force their hand with Rodriguez. But rumor has it that they don't like Kelly at Michigan. There's always the chance they'd go after Les Miles again, but I doubt that.

The most obvious factor is Jim Harbaugh. He seems to be a great fit for ND and when they're turned down by Meyer and Stoops (which they will be), they might go hard after him. With Harbaugh being a Michigan guy, they might see this as their only chance to get him before he gets rooted somewhere else.

It will be an interesting off-season. My gut says Michigan gives Rodriguez another season, although I thought it would wind up in disaster the day the hired him. I think they ought to admit the mistake and move on before they lose another year and recruiting class.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?