Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals at Steelers (11/15/09)

Re: Bengals at Steelers (11/15/09)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I think the Bengals and Steelers are evenly matched this year. If it weren't for Bengals history, I think many would say that the Bengals are the better team when push comes to shove. The Steelers have a more seasoned D, but I don't think they are clearly better than us in any area of their team, unit by unit, position by position.
    I don't base my assessments on history in fact I'm an advocate for looking at a team strictly on it's season. But I do believe they are matched up relatively close, however that doesn't mean that the Steelers don't have a clear overall edge for this week. Bottom line is if we don't get to Ben early and often we lose this game no matter what we do on offense. The reason I believe that is because where they have an advantage is in Bens ability to stretch the play and wait for his WR's to get open and they will because neither of our safeties are the greatest in coverage and our nickel corner is a bit suspect as well. So is their's IMO (sans Polamalu and Taylor) but they get to a QB easier than us, our QB isn't as mobile and they now have the edge with a great deep man in Wallace. There are other reasons I think this week we aren't the best matchup but that is the biggest reason IMO.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Picked a bad time to get the injuries they did. Losing Henry can be dealt with but they also lose Mathis the OL who has been playing well and Keith Rivers.

I never trust the Bengals depth....even with the year they have been having.

Bengals lose by 2+ TD's tomorrow and still make playoffs.

Nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Bengals lose by 2+ TD's tomorrow and still make playoffs.

Nothing to worry about.
    I think they're backs are against the walls today, but I don't think it's a given they lose by 2+ touchdowns. This team isn't going to lie down for anyone. I think they're too tough to get routed.

I'd be more worried if Malaluaga or Jones was out than Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I'd be more worried if Malaluaga or Jones was out than Rivers.
    Exactly Brandon Johnson played really well last year after Rivers went out with a broken jaw. Personally I think Johnson is better in coverage and brings a nice pass rush as well.

As far as Mathis goes, Livings was the starter at the beginning of the year so I don't think you lose much with Nate. He also knows our LT pretty well too, as they played together at LSU. I am more concerned about Pitts coming off the edges than I am coming up the middle.

I look for Pitts to throw everything but the kitchen sink at Benson. If the Bengals get out of rhythym early it will be a long day for the visiting team.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Rivers is the better overall line backer but Rey certainly is a better play maker.

Senor Votto

That was a wonderful kick return for a TD but horrible extra point attempt

Troy Polamalu apparently out again.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Benson has been out the last series or two, hopefully nothing major, just a change of pace with Scott.

Benson has a strained hip, looks a bit shaky for the rest of the day.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Great. I hope Benson is all right. I'm glad I decided to watch skating instead of this game. Too much stress for me.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Both teams playing very hard today, they could wind up with a lot of banged up players by the time it is all said and done.

Senor Votto

I hate the Steelers but this is a really well played game by both defenses

Senor Votto

I take that back

Turn Off Ads?