Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Comic Book Talk!

Re: Comic Book Talk!

I meant to add that is one sweet costume he has going there. Seems a bit familiar in a way but I cannot put my finger on it.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I meant to add that is one sweet costume he has going there. Seems a bit familiar in a way but I cannot put my finger on it.
    Make the yellow blue and it'a almost Nightwing.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Make the yellow blue and it'a almost Nightwing.
    Yeah I can see that in the scheme a bit. But guess I was thinking Spawn a little bit, something about the mask and the way it just kind of rides almost seamlessly into the rest of the uni (or is supposed to in Phoenix's case).

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Senor Votto

I decided to pick up some comics for the first time in probably 9 years. Went with some Captain America. and The Mighty Thor. I'm not sure how I like Bucky being Cap

Senor Votto

I recently submitted a few ideas into a new comic company called Storyboom. They're pretty interactive and allow fans to choose which stories and series will be created and published. I need 500 votes to get it published so if anyone can take a few seconds out of their day and check it out I'd greatly appreciate it.

The first one is called The Hammer which is about a drug addict who discovers he has super powers. He has to battle addiction along with crime.

http://thestoryboom.com/story/18-The-Hammer

The second is a horror series called Blood Hunter which is about a man who lost his wife to a vampire attack. He's out for revenge on them now.

http://thestoryboom.com/story/22-Blood-Hunter

You just go to the right side where it says Be A Part of this story and it'll take a few seconds. Thanks!

A month ago a 4 piece issue came out called "Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe." That's right Deadpool kills everyone of them....Captain America, Spiderman, Hulk, Doctor Doom, Venom, the X-Men, Fantastic Four all in such ingenious ways too since he knows all their weaknesses. Great read for die hard comic book fans.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

The iPad is one of the best things for reading comics. I hadn't read any in years, but I've put the DC and Marvel apps on my iPad and they have some really good deals on there. A lot of older issues for cheap or in some cases free and some of the new ones are being released same day as print.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Been reading the Walking Dead lately. First real comic reading in a long time. I love it. Started with the graphic novels and jumped to the monthly once I caught up.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Been reading the Walking Dead lately. First real comic reading in a long time. I love it. Started with the graphic novels and jumped to the monthly once I caught up.
    Those monthly comics are going for big money on eBay now

Turn Off Ads?