Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Free Agent signings?

Free Agent signings?

Here are some free agents that I would like to see us go after.
    The main free agent in my mind is Juan Pierre. He could give us great defense in center, he gets on base and steals bases. He had a somewhat bad year in Chicago, but when he is on he sets everything up for the homerun guys. But here is some under the radar guys to watch out for:

SP Kip Wells
    RP Steve Cline
    RP JC Romero
    SP Randy Wolf
    2B Jose Valentin

This list would not cost all that much and would sure up every hole we have except closer. Maybe we trade for one or sign either Gagne or Weathers, but we could use this list.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Free Agent signings?

Valentin resigned with the Metropolitans today.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

That's to bad, I think he would have been huge at second for us. Plus it would have been something to watch he and Javier playing together.

I like Wolf in the right deal. He'll probably cost too much though.

Quote Originally Posted by jamess697 View Post
    That's to bad, I think he would have been huge at second for us. Plus it would have been something to watch he and Javier playing together.
    Word is Mets still might sign Aurilia and use Valentin in a utility role.

I'm not sure why so much love for Valentin. He's very streaky, and after a torrid hot streak, basically disappeared in Sept. and Oct. for the Mets.

Senor Votto

I'd like to get Pierre and Wolf. Pierre would make Griffey play Right and hopefully cut down on his injuries. And he'd provide a good lead off hitter. Then the move could put Freel at 2nd base and BP at short.

As I said in another thread. I think we could boost the offense at a bargain rate by bringing in Trot Nixon and Craig Wilson. Nixon is good with the glove, as well.

Turn Off Ads?