Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sunday, August 29, 2010, Minor-League Updates

Re: Sunday, August 29, 2010, Minor-League Updates

I know very little about Freeman, but with the 40 man crunch that will be coming up. I think there is no chance a relief pitcher in High A gets a sniff of the 40 man.

It is a good problem to have, but the Reds front office has a ton of guys to fit into the 40 man roster and some talent will be left out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    I know very little about Freeman, but with the 40 man crunch that will be coming up. I think there is no chance a relief pitcher in High A gets a sniff of the 40 man.

It is a good problem to have, but the Reds front office has a ton of guys to fit into the 40 man roster and some talent will be left out.
    There's no rush to add Freeman. He won't be added to the 40-man roster before the end of next season unless he's called up to the Major Leagues. Jeff Jeffords, on the other hand, is eligible for the upcoming rule five draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    You're right. It would be grandson. Hershell was an excellent RH reliever for the Reds in the mid to late 50's.
    You must be as old as I am if you actually saw him pitch (which I did).

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    You must be as old as I am if you actually saw him pitch (which I did).
    I didn't live in Cincy in the mid 50's(I was in the Air Force), but I remember listening on the radio as Hershell successfuly finished many wins for the Reds. I'm 79. I lived in Cincinnati until 1940 when my Dad entered the Army and didn't return to the area until late 1958 when I moved to Dayton . After I retired I moved to Sarasota, Florida. I'll always be an avid Reds and Bengals fan.
    Last edited by Stingray; 08-30-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Turn Off Ads?