Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 4-26-07 could be an embarrassing day.

4-26-07 could be an embarrassing day.

I'm not sure if this was worthy of it's own thread, but Thursday could be very funny, or sad depending on how you look at it. Randy Keisler is probably going to make the Reds look silly. Yes Randy Keisler. I think the Reds will probably win the first two games and then make Keisler look like Randy Johnson or any other lefty the Reds have faced this season.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 04-24-2007 at 04:08 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 4-26-07, could be an embarrassing day.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I'm not sure if this was worthy of it's own thread, but Thursday could be very funny, or sad depending on how you look at it. Randy Keisler is probably going to make the Reds look silly. Yes Randy Keisler. I think the Reds will probably win the first two games and then make Keisler look like Randy Johnson or any other lefty the Reds have faced this season.
    That coupled with their limited experience against him doesn't bode will. The Reds have a knack for making lefties and rookies look like Sandy Koufax. Imagine what a lefty rookie will do.

[Internal memo/]Note to self, pick up Keisler for Thursday fantasy baseball start[/Internal memo]
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

then again, if it's Keisler, it's just as likely the Reds break out of their season long slump against lefties.

Why can Keisler, Hancock and Franklin pitch for the Cards, and yet could not pitch for the Reds? Is it Dave Duncan?
    sorry we're boring

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    then again, if it's Keisler, it's just as likely the Reds break out of their season long slump against lefties.

Why can Keisler, Hancock and Franklin pitch for the Cards, and yet could not pitch for the Reds? Is it Dave Duncan?
    Jeff Weaver is 0-3 with a 13.91 ERA with Seattle.

Duncan must have a pact with the devil.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post

IMO Duncan is the best pitching coach out there. It seems like every castoff the Cards take in turns it around, at least temporarily.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post

Yes, it was really not smart at all of Mr. Weaver to separate himself from the Guru, was it??
    sorry we're boring

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

The counter to this assertion is that we mash Keisler and management then publicly declares that we have exorcised our left-handed pitching demons and proceed as is. I'd hate to see it but, a dominating performance by Keisler may be just enough to precipitate some sort of move.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post

I'm not sure about that, but it was reported recently that these two folks were seen leaving the Cardinals clubhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    IMO Duncan is the best pitching coach out there. It seems like every castoff the Cards take in turns it around, at least temporarily.
    Whats even more amazing is Duncan is an ex catcher. I know Duncan isnt the first ex catcher turned pitching coach but I am scratching my head trying to think of one let alone a successful one.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    The counter to this assertion is that we mash Keisler and management then publicly declares that we have exorcised our left-handed pitching demons and proceed as is. I'd hate to see it but, a dominating performance by Keisler may be just enough to precipitate some sort of move.

True, but at this point, I don't want Wayne making a panic move.

If he makes a panic move, EdE is the primary candidate to be shipped out for pennies on the dollar.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Re: 4-26-07 could be an embarrassing day.

Hey, I saw Keisler pitch a nice game for the Reds against the D-Rays a couple years back.

He looked like Babe Ruth at the plate too.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Re: 4-26-07 could be an embarrassing day.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Hey, I saw Keisler pitch a nice game for the Reds against the D-Rays a couple years back.

He looked like Babe Ruth at the plate too.
    Well I have a feeling Thursday will look like a flash back and you'll think it is, but then you'll closely and see that it's not a "C" on his hat but an interwoven "STL" instead. And you'll curse.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?