Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: down goes Frazier?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: down goes Frazier?

Valdez has to stay as he's the only other SS on the team.

The only choices are really Harris and Frazier.

It will likely be Harris.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Valdez has to stay as he's the only other SS on the team.

The only choices are really Harris and Frazier.

It will likely be Harris.
    Frazier could play there. It may be Keppinger like, but it's still an option and if it's not a regular one, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Frazier could play there. It may be Keppinger like, but it's still an option and if it's not a regular one, it shouldn't be a big deal.
    I've said this from day one, but I pretty much got laughed off the board.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I've said this from day one, but I pretty much got laughed off the board.
    I must have selective memory. I recall a lot of people being on board with that idea, but saying there is no way that the Reds would do it.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    He could play there on an emergency basis.

He's not getting any starts there.

If the Reds think Frazier is ready to stay in the majors, the two guys he could replace logically are Cairo or Ludwick.

If Todd can split time with Rolen, he should replace Cairo. I don't see that happening.

If Todd can handle left field, he should replace Ludwick.

Reds should consider trading Ludwick to fill another need. A lefty bench player who hits more than Harris would be one possibility. A medium prospect would be another.

I don't see Ludwick's role on this team. He is another righty free swinger. I hope he gets very hot and proves me wrong, but so far I don't see his role here.

Heisey can play CF, so he potentially has more value and I wouldn't be so fast to dump him.

Some are reporting that Cairo will be activated Monday, but Fay says that Dusty is not ready to say that. Cairo in Dayton did not look quite ready. 0 for 10, nothing out of the infield. I would not be surprised if he spends 2-3 days with Louisville.

Odd thing: He hit 8th in the lineup, as if they were not concerned with getting him the highest number of possible at-bats. Maybe that's because they know he just isn't quite ready.

Under any circumstances, hard to imagine they send Frazier down. They need a left-handed bat on the bench, but surely he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    He could play there on an emergency basis.

He's not getting any starts there.
    I agree. If Cozart gets hurt in a game, Frazier can play there for the remainder of the game and they can call someone else up after that. Watching Willie Harris displeases me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I agree. If Cozart gets hurt in a game, Frazier can play there for the remainder of the game and they can call someone else up after that. Watching Willie Harris displeases me.
    If the Reds send down Valdez, that means 162 starts for Cozart if he stays healthy. He's going to need a day off every now and then. Do we really want to watch Frazier starting at SS that often?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If the Reds send down Valdez, that means 162 starts for Cozart if he stays healthy. He's going to need a day off every now and then. Do we really want to watch Frazier starting at SS that often?
    You mean Harris?

Cozart has been given a few starts off already. He's young. I'm not going to worry about him. I seem to remember a SS who played not too long ago, name of Ripken, who played every day. If they are really concerned about Cozart, call up Gregorius. He's a lefty hitter and I can't imagine him being worse than Harris.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You mean Harris?

Cozart has been given a few starts off already. He's young. I'm not going to worry about him. I seem to remember a SS who played not too long ago, name of Ripken, who played every day. If they are really concerned about Cozart, call up Gregorius. He's a lefty hitter and I can't imagine him being worse than Harris.
    Harris is not the backup SS. Valdez is.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

There's no reason for it to be anybody other than Harris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Harris is not the backup SS. Valdez is.

Well, who was talking about Valdez? I was talking about getting rid of Harris.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Re: down goes Frazier

Why? Heisey and Frazier have nearly identical OPS numbers from the minors. Both are utility fielders, but Heisey is a better defender. Not sure why Heisey would be the guy.

Because Heisey needs to go down and play every day for a couple of weeks while Ludwick plays himself into a starting role or off the roster in the majors. Walt can get busy trying to make a move to fix the roster. By Memorial Day, Heisey is either:

1. dealt for a Lefty bat who replaces Harris,
    2. called up to replace some one else who is dealt for a lefty bat (Frazier?) who replaces Harris
    3. called up to replace Ludwick who is cut loose if he doesn't grab the job
    4. called back up to replace somebody else who may be injured or deserving of a trip to AAA or DFAville.

Right now I'd like to see him get a couple weeks worth of PAs on a regular basis. It may just be postponing the decision, but it would be useful and would allow the team to try to get a guy going who can't seem to get on any kind of roll with the strange roster configuration that leaves the team with a lopsided offense, a wierd LF rotation and Willie Harris taking up space because the team just doesn't have a decent LH option.
    Last edited by mth123; 05-07-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

It should be a crime against Baseball to send Frazier down and keep Harris on the roster. I don't care if Harris does bat Left handed he can't hit as good as Frazier.

Turn Off Ads?