Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Re: Official RedsZone Television Viewing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I've been a big "Community" fan since it's debut as well. The recent stop-motion Christmas special was fantastic.
    I like "Community" a lot too. It can be hit-or-miss but when it's funny, it's downright hilarious.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    You didn't like Boardwalk Empire?

That's my favorite show right now. Brilliant writing, sets, performances..... fantastic period piece on an incredible tme in history.
    I don't know, it's weird, I enjoyed it but then when it was time to choose what to watch we'd always pick something else, and so episodes piled up on the DVR. With two small kids we can't marathon through something like we used to, so it's something I'll have to revisit later.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Burn Notice

Leverage

White Collar

NCIS---both versions. Love Abby (Pauley Perrette) and glad to see she's got a national commercial running (for Expedia, I think) that sort of plays off of the 'Abby' character. NCIS/LA just needs a little time to mature, I think/hope.

I still watch many of the 'Law & Order' series whether they are reruns or not. 'L&A, Los Angeles' is starting to grow on me.

Criminal Minds

Chuck. Although it seems to me that it's declined this season.

Numbers. As stats heavy as this board is I'm sort of surprised it isn't a big fav.

Rem

Forgot to mention 'Hot In Cleveland'. Betty White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves (Frazier), Wendy Malick (Just Shoot Me).

Second season starts 1/19/11 on TV Land Network. Worth at least tapeing if you're watching something else at the time.

Synopsis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_in_Cleveland

Rem

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Caught the Caps/Pens 24-7 show that HBO is running as a build-up to the Winter Classic. Fun stuff. Kind of like a Hard Knocks for the NHL.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Sons of Anarchy/Justified/Rescue Me are all on at different times of the year, so it is easy to follow all of them.

The Office is past its prime although I will say the last two episodes were very good. I have high hopes that since Steve Carrell is leaving, the writers will be able to send him out with a bang.

I enjoyed Boardwalk Empire. I thought it improved as the season progressed.

I don't have Showtime, but I have watched three seasons of Californication, almost three seasons of Weeds and Dexter, and two seasons of The Tudors through Netflix. I have enjoyed each series, especially Dexter and Californication.

I keep promising myself I will get around to watching The Wire. I really wish it was available to watch instantly on Netflix.

HBO hasn't been able to match the early to mid 2000s (loved both Carnivale and Deadwood), but I still enjoy Entourage (not as good as the first few seasons, but what show is?), Boardwalk Empire and have high hopes for Game of Thrones . True Blood is excellent. My wife watches Big Love, which is so over the top I can't stand it.

Walking Dead was good. Mad Men may be my favorite show. I bailed on Breaking Bad after the first season. I might have to catch back up on it eventually.

Burn Notice is a show I will watch when I find it flipping through the channels.

Nothing will replace Lost.

Love F/X, so I'll echo the Sons of Anarchy, Justified, and Rescue Me comment above. I'll also add It's Always Sunny, The League, and Archer.

Psych is a favorite of mine, as well as the ususal HBO fare (True Blood, Entourage, Boardwalk Empire), along with Mad Men (and, yes, The Walking Dead).

I'll also toss in The Big Bang Theory and I can't forget Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    Love F/X, so I'll echo the Sons of Anarchy, Justified, and Rescue Me comment above. I'll also add It's Always Sunny, The League, and Archer.

Psych is a favorite of mine, as well as the ususal HBO fare (True Blood, Entourage, Boardwalk Empire), along with Mad Men (and, yes, The Walking Dead).

I'll also toss in The Big Bang Theory and I can't forget Smallville.
    My wife and I have been watching all of Mad Men over the course of a couple of months. We joined Netflix (and yes it would be great to instantly stream those, The Wire is up next) and have been plowing our way through Mad Men.

The Big Bang Theory is my favorite sitcom on TV now.

I also watch How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, as well as The Office.

I find it interesting that large number of people posting in this thread like so many of the same types of shows.

Most of the shows tend to be cable shows with fairly high critical acclaim, yet lower ratings. Most be something with the internet message board crowd...or maybe the overall smartness of Reds fans.

The only shows that my wife and I watch are the Thursday NBC shows. My favorite is Parks and Recreation (after I didn't like it at all in the beginning). The Office is the only reason we ever started tuning in (if you can call Hulu "tuning in"). It's still OK I guess. But new Parks and Rec comes Jan 20!
    Andy rocks btw...

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    If you haven't checked out AMC's The Walking Dead do so immediately. I have watched the first half of the season (I rarely watch shows live, I usually DVR the whole season and binge).
    I could not agree more....

I was caught completely off guard with this show. Of course, the content is beyond graphic and should not be viewed by those who are young. However, the casting was phenomenal and the writing was top notch.

While they have already confirmed that the show will return for a second season, unfortunately, it sounds like most of this season's writers will not be back for the second run.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I bailed on Breaking Bad after the first season. I might have to catch back up on it eventually.
    Oh you totally should. It gets so much better, and that's really saying something because I thought the first season was great.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    HBO hasn't been able to match the early to mid 2000s (loved both Carnivale and Deadwood), but I still enjoy Entourage (not as good as the first few seasons, but what show is?), Boardwalk Empire and have high hopes for Game of Thrones . True Blood is excellent. My wife watches Big Love, which is so over the top I can't stand it.
    I absolutely loved this show and hate that it was so short-lived on HBO.

Clancy Brown is an amazingly underrated actor... and NOT because he is the voice of Mr. Krabs on Spongebob, either.

DP
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 12-20-2010 at 05:11 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    I could not agree more....

I was caught completely off guard with this show. Of course, the content is beyond graphic and should not be viewed by those who are young. However, the casting was phenomenal and the writing was top notch.

While they have already confirmed that the show will return for a second season, unfortunately, it sounds like most of this season's writers will not be back for the second run.
    Only some of the writing staff is leaving but the main guy Darabont will be back for the second season and he was only supposed to do the first season then his right hand man was supposed to take over.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?