Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Reds v. Cardinals 9/2/13

Re: Reds v. Cardinals 9/2/13

Latos has now started 61 games in a Reds uniform ... and still hasn't reached double digits in the loss column.

2. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-04-2013),powersackers (09-02-2013),Red Raindog (09-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Ludwick seems to be forgotten in all of this. He's swing the bat and today was 2-5 along with a great catch. He needs to pay every game just for his inspirational comeback. Already T .271 and already OPSing at .741. How about a cheer for Beethoven!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

5. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (09-02-2013),powersackers (09-02-2013),Tom Servo (09-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Ludwick seems to be forgotten in all of this. He's swing the bat and today was 2-5 along with a great catch. He needs to pay every game just for his inspirational comeback. Already T .271 and already OPSing at .741. How about a cheer for Beethoven!
    I've been defending him on here and against my dad who declared him a useless disaster after that misplay in Colorado. The Reds may have screwed up by just rolling with Robinson/Paul from April-July, but Ludwick ain't done yet.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

WVRedsFan (09-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I've been defending him on here and against my dad who declared him a useless disaster after that misplay in Colorado. The Reds may have screwed up by just rolling with Robinson/Paul from April-July, but Ludwick ain't done yet.
    What's to defend? Anyone who remembers last year knows the kind of ballplayer Ludwick is. Practically carried this team on his back for two months. And wasn't bad in the post season either. Has hit the ground running in his comeback under tough conditions. A very good ballplayer.

9. Likes:

PuffyPig (09-02-2013)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Ludwick is fine, but that was not a great catch.

Any decent LF catches that easily. Ludwick's lack of range showed badly on that play, turning a routine catch into something that looked like a close play.

Thom said it was a great jump....but when camera switched to LF he was still going back before busting it in for a great recovery....X Paul probably catches that and he's not very good out there.....Heisey gets it without a dive.

Regardless of today's play, based on what I saw last year, Ludwick plays hitters as well as any outfielder I've ever seen. almost always seems to be in the right position. Very smart ballplayer.

13. Likes:

WVRedsFan (09-03-2013)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by xsteve1 View Post
    Votto needs to watch Carpenter hit.
    Post of the day, as awarded by the "What Have You Done For Me Today Club".

In the words of Sparky, "it isn't fair to embarrass anyone by comparing them to Votto"
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

16. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-04-2013)

xsteve1 needs to watch Roy Tucker or Sundeck post

18. Likes:

OC_Red (09-03-2013)

I would hope Votto watches Carpenter hit. Fielders should always pay attention to what the batter does- it makes it easier to play defense if you follow where the ball is.

It's amazing the response you get if you have anything slightly negative to say about Votto on here. Votto is struggling at the plate right now. It's not like I said Votto blows. He and Choo are obviously the Reds best players. Sometimes you can learn by watching other hitters. Maybe I should have said Choo instead of Carpenter.

Yeah, it's amazing the response you get when you stop by a game thread to make one lone snarky comment based on one at-bat (wow Carpenter doubled, you could learn something here Votto, you Canadian idiot) and then leave. I believe woy has referred to as the 'stink bomb' method of trolling.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

22. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah, it's amazing the response you get when you stop by a game thread to make one lone snarky comment based on one at-bat (wow Carpenter doubled, you could learn something here Votto, you Canadian idiot) and then leave. I believe woy has referred to as the 'stink bomb' method of trolling.
    Or farting in an aisle at the store and hanging out to see the reaction of those coming afterward.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?