Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Cereal Discontinued?

Favorite Cereal Discontinued?

Has anyone ever had their favorite cereal discontinued?

Kellogg's has done it to me twice now. First, they got rid of Nut 'n' Honey Crunch (which was different from their current Toasted Honey Crunch), and now they've replaced their Cran-Vanilla Crunch, which I found to be the greatest cereal ever invented, in favor of Caramel Nut Crunch. Why do they do this to me?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Favorite Cereal Discontinued?

Team Flakes. I think I only liked them because they printed baseball cards on the back of the box in the early 70's. I'm a Wheaties fan. Wheaties with sliced banana's. Love 'em.

Quisp
    School's out. What did you expect?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Not discontinued, but ridiculously hard to find are Frankenberry and Boo-berry.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Very few places carry it across the whole country. You can order Boo Berry off Amazon.com, but only in cases of 6.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Quisp
    I just bought some Quisp last year at Jungle Jim's in Fairfield. I was shocked to see it myself. Not sure if they STILL make it, but they did as of last year.

You can still find Quisp now and then.

Off topic: I can't believe how small some of the cereal boxes are getting.

We weren't allowed to have sugar cereals when I was a kid. My grandmother used to get Freakies for me when I visited.

"Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Homer's Cinnamon Donut Cereal.

I bought two boxes, one to eat and one to save. The cereal was actually very, very tasty.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I've been kicking around the name in my brain for months, and cannot recall it.
    I remember getting it in the late '70s, early '80s - it was a bran flake cereal almost literally drowned in maple syrup - I want to say the name was Maple Syrup Crunch, but I am not sure if that is right. I do remember it coming in a dark brownish box.

Happened to a favorite snack of mine...........Doo Dads. Can't find em anywhere.

woy, you can still get Cookie Crips, you know. Also, Frosty O's is just Frosted Cheerios which are still out there.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Target and Super-Walmarts carry them (my guess is that with General Mills HQ and Target HQ in Minneapolis they made some mephistophelan deal). My vote is for Whole Foods house brand made the best whole grain flakes - until they changed the product and the ingredients in 2006 - and they were under $2.00. I have yet to find a suitable replacement.
    Last edited by Betterread; 03-04-2007 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    woy, you can still get Cookie Crips, you know. Also, Frosty O's is just Frosted Cheerios which are still out there.
    Hey, if Chumley ain't on it it's not "Frosty - O's.... as for Cookie Crisps, the fact that I can still get them is still wrong n many levels.

Clusters are no longer available at my Kroger.

Clusters are delicious.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?