Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andruw Jones In CF?

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Andruw Jones In CF?

MLBTradeRumors.com and espn.com are reporting that the dodgers would listen to offers for Andruw Joners and Jaun Pierre.

If I'm the reds I think I would see if the dodgers would pay a portion of the 2 year/36 million dollar contract he got at the beginning of the season and deal them David Weathers or Jeremy Affeldt and a mid level prospect.

Granted Jones hasn't had the numbers he once had.. But he's got power, one of baseballs best defeners, and I think if LA ate some money it would be a good gamble.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Andruw Jones In CF?

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    MLBTradeRumors.com and espn.com are reporting that the dodgers would listen to offers for Andruw Joners and Jaun Pierre.

If I'm the reds I think I would see if the dodgers would pay a portion of the 2 year/36 million dollar contract he got at the beginning of the season and deal them David Weathers or Jeremy Affeldt and a mid level prospect.

Granted Jones hasn't had the numbers he once had.. But he's got power, one of baseballs best defeners, and I think if LA ate some money it would be a good gamble.
    I've seen him hit on my MLB package quite a bit. He's beyond done. He couldn't hit AA pitching right now.

Jones has an OPS+ of 32. Stay far away from that one.

we've already got a part time center fielder (patterson) that can't hit and at a much cheaper price. no thanks.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Jones has an OPS+ of 32. Stay far away from that one.
    How can you fall off a cliff like that? I would explore and (hopefully rule out) the possibility of a serious illness.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I wonder if Cesar Cedeno is still available?
    sorry we're boring

Dodgers would have to pay about 28 million of the 22 million he is owed before I'd be interested.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I wonder if Cesar Cedeno is still available?
    If not, I hear Mike Vail and Larry Biittner are available through free-agency.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Next year, having a RHH CF would be nice. But the Dodgers would have to pick up almost all of the $18 million for 2009 and not want much in return. No question the Dodgers have a glut of outfielders now with Manny, Kemp, Ethier, Pierre and Jones. They are probably desperate to get rid of Jones and I think the Reds should at least inquire.

And I know he's all but done. But maybe there is a good year left in him -- he's not that old.

He's about done, a reclamation project should not cost 18million.
    Go Gators!

I'd rather have Pierre (especially if you could get the Dodgers to eat some of his salary). He's not great or anything, but he's better than the current options.

No thanks. Andruw looks done.

Imagine Brandon Phillips' inability to hit low and outside breaking stuff -- except everywhere. That's Jones these days.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Andrew Jones is the player that people think Dunn is.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Andrew Jones is the player that people think Dunn is.
    Heh, awesome!

Turn Off Ads?