Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Didn't see a thread yet on this soooo... Hello from downtown Cincinnati! Hot but not too bad... Confiscated my umbrella but a lot of people still got their's in? Oh well, here's a pic:
    Attachment 6171
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 04-07-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nm
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 07-28-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Re: Bengals Training Camp

I went down last night and here are a few of my observations:

1) Roderick Muckelroy was "into it". He pancaked Cedric Peerman in a drill and was very active. That's good to see because we may need him at MLB this year. Conversely, although it may be my imagination but Vontaze Burfict did not seem like he was into it. He seemed detached, kinda hanging out by himself in between plays

2) Jordan Shipley was practicing so he is officially off PUP

3) Taylor Mays was dressed in pads and all but just stood on the sidelines. I don't know what his issue was but this won't sit well with Marvin

4) Dalton and AJ Green connected on several tightly contested passes. Dare I say they're in mid season form

5) Sanu looked smooth and athletic, not the slow poke some worried he'd be

6) Concessions were flowing in the stands and in the aisles just like a real game. "Cold beer here" could be heard. Prices were "real game" too at $7.75/beer.

7) They had nicely printed rosters available for free

8) Don't bother paying $10/parking unless you bring your parents. Otherwise park on third st and walk a few blocks. It's good for you

Can one of the mods make this the 2012 Discussion thread?

If so, here's a story by CBS today on A.J. Green becoming one of the elite receivers...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...lite-receivers
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Dunlap likely to miss the season opener in Baltimore with a sprained knee.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    8) Don't bother paying $10/parking unless you bring your parents. Otherwise park on third st and walk a few blocks. It's good for you
    $10? The Giants and Jets "allow" season ticket holders to by season parking passes for $250 (10 games), or $50 for individual games.

Or you can pay between $18-$28 to park in satellite lots and take a shuttle bus to the game.

For $10, I'll let you park at my house and I'll drive you to the train station.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

What an absolute joke.

The awful replacement refs blow a call on the punt, and Dunlap gets hurt on the next play

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    What an absolute joke.

The awful replacement refs blow a call on the punt, and Dunlap gets hurt on the next play
    ESPN reports that the replacements may start the regular season. It's gonna be weird not seeing Ed Hochuli.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    ESPN reports that the replacements may start the regular season. It's gonna be weird not seeing Ed Hochuli.
    I wish that the NFL would get rid of the bad refs and replace them with better ones. The two that I don't think should have gigs are Mike Carey and Jerome Boger. Carey is just bad and Boger's crew calls the most penalities in the league and really slows down the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I wish that the NFL would get rid of the bad refs and replace them with better ones. The two that I don't think should have gigs are Mike Carey and Jerome Boger. Carey is just bad and Boger's crew calls the most penalities in the league and really slows down the game.
    My dad and I talk about this all the time. We cannot understand why they need the head ref to run all the way to the side of the field to review the touchdown. Why can't you have one of the refs in the booth review it and send it down to the ref on the field.

The calls that really piss me off are the roughing the passer and unecessary roughness. The only spot you can tackle a QB now is the torso. You can't go near his legs and it is a penalty if you touch his helmut. Pretty soon it is going to be tag football or flag football for a QB.

Also, the refs are very biased when it comes to players. As much as I hate him, James Harrison and Ndamukong Suh get penalties just for tackling a guy because they are known as hard hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    My dad and I talk about this all the time. We cannot understand why they need the head ref to run all the way to the side of the field to review the touchdown. Why can't you have one of the refs in the booth review it and send it down to the ref on the field.

The calls that really piss me off are the roughing the passer and unecessary roughness. The only spot you can tackle a QB now is the torso. You can't go near his legs and it is a penalty if you touch his helmut. Pretty soon it is going to be tag football or flag football for a QB.

Also, the refs are very biased when it comes to players. As much as I hate him, James Harrison and Ndamukong Suh get penalties just for tackling a guy because they are known as hard hitters.
    If there is a review system I like the way College Football does it. Why not just have a replay official in the booth and let him examine the plays and make the decision. I could go off on a tangent here but I think the officials call the game differently because or replay and that changes the scope of a game.

I think the roughing the passer calls are a necessary evil but I wish you could challenge a call. I also wish the NFL would do more to hold the refs accountable. I just get tired of seeing the bad officials do games and not be taken to task for their calls.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think the roughing the passer calls are a necessary evil but I wish you could challenge a call. I also wish the NFL would do more to hold the refs accountable. I just get tired of seeing the bad officials do games and not be taken to task for their calls.
    I am not saying to abolish roughing the passer because I believe it is necessarry, I am arguing that it has become blown way out of proportion. How can a guy who is fighting off 300 lb offensive lineman expected to stop and set up a fundamental tackle on the QB? If he touches the helmet, shoulder pads, legs, knees, or even if it looks violent then it has to be roughing the passer, right?

I remember a play last season when a defensive player came rushing in and threw his hands up as he was getting blocked to try to block the pass. His hand inadvertenly touched the QBs helmet (not the facemask) and there was a flag. Plus there are guys like Brady who the league loves so he gets every call everytime he hits the ground. It is just getting out of hand is all.

A bogus roughing the passer call cost the Bengals a game vs TB a few yrs ago (Mike Carey called it on Justin Smith). I can see why Bengal fans have an issue with it

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    A bogus roughing the passer call cost the Bengals a game vs TB a few yrs ago (Mike Carey called it on Justin Smith). I can see why Bengal fans have an issue with it
    That one was horrendous and ultimately cost that team a playoff spot (along with laying eggs the last three games of the year).

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    That one was horrendous and ultimately cost that team a playoff spot (along with laying eggs the last three games of the year).
    It was the worst football call I have ever seen. Mike Carey threw a flag when Justin Smith tackeld the QB too hard. Awful, just awful. Then his explination was just bogus as well. Never had any respect for him after that flag.

Turn Off Ads?