Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pete Rose signing at Cardboard Heroes April 1st and 2nd...

Pete Rose signing at Cardboard Heroes April 1st and 2nd...

http://www.cheroes.com/instoreevents.html

I don't know if you guys are interested or not but I just saw Pete Rose is doing a signing at cardboard heroes on April 1st and 2nd. Details of the locations are in the link, but an 8x10 is $60, and I know personalization is free at all their other signings. Anyway, just thought i'd post it in case anyone was interested.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pete Rose signing at Cardboard Heroes April 1st and 2nd...

Wow an extra $90 for him to add "I am sorry I bet on baseball"? What a load of crap..

I agree, but those people who turn around and resell autographs get that much more for them, so why shouldnt he make it first? Not arguing your point of it being ridiculous to charge that amount, but if people want it and will pay it, then good for him. I have collected autos for nearly 20 years, and it used to be a normal thing to get autos personalized. I was blown away the first time a player (Frank Robinson) told me he charged extra for "To Scott". If anyhting, I would have thought players would like that, as it makes it much harder to sell for those who just get autos to make a buck (I used to and still do encourage players to personalize if it made them more comfortable giving me an autograph). I prefer it without now, so my kids or grnadkids may one day sell them if they arent interested, but I will be long gone by that time.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Ouch! extra $90.00....I little exploitation on his part because he dosen't have to mention the whole betting on baseball to begin with.

That's Pete though...love what he did on the field as a player...not so cracked up about the person I hear about off the field.

He was apporached a few years back and asked to do a limited edition signing with that inscription, and of course he took the dollar to do it. Those sold well, so of course he is doign more if people are willing to pay for it. I dont agree with it, but if he can charge it and peopel are willing to pay it, then not much I can say.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Legends Never Die

$60 for an 8X10 might be worth to get one for my grandma for her birthday. She loves Pete maybe more than us grankids and she just refuses to believe that he can be a bum in real life.
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    $60 for an 8X10 might be worth to get one for my grandma for her birthday. She loves Pete maybe more than us grankids and she just refuses to believe that he can be a bum in real life.
    The coolest thing is I think you could get it personalized for her. All the Ohio State ones i've ever gotten they personalize them for free.

Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    The coolest thing is I think you could get it personalized for her. All the Ohio State ones i've ever gotten they personalize them for free.
    I probably will even for the extra $20
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    I probably will even for the extra $20
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure if he just personalizes to a name it won't be any extra at all. The only way they charge extra is for "inscription" like if he signed 4192, or hit king or something like that.

Legends Never Die

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if he just personalizes to a name it won't be any extra at all. The only way they charge extra is for "inscription" like if he signed 4192, or hit king or something like that.
    Oh gotcha yeah that will be cool then. Thanks for the info

They used to go that route, but many (not all) have even started charging for "to Brian" now. Thats ridiculous IMO, if anything,they should be glad as it takes the chance of reselling it down, which is what most complain about with giving autos. I still get some personalized, but want my kids/grandkids ot be able to sell them later in life if they dont want it/like that kind of stuff.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Here is another signing he did.....

http://westchesterbuzz.com/2011/02/2...owd-at-kroger/
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I love Pete Rose, always had, and i've got a great jersey for him to autograph, but $100? Not worth it to me.

Turn Off Ads?