Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Believe me, I'm not interested in making this political. No matter what side of the fence you're on, this is a nice story.
    Very cool.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good story, thanks for posting that WMR.

Disappointing loss tonight, just as any loss was going to be. But it will be good for the team in the long run.

This will probably sound like sour grapes, but the pressure of being #1 and undefeated probably would have taken an emotional toll, the longer it went. It had already become a bit much for any team, let alone one dominated by freshmen. I'm not glad they lost - the undefeated run was fun. But it's not nearly as disappointing as one in the third or fourth week of March.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

I blame Obama. Seriously though, Downey is the best player in the league. And, Patrick, the 2nd half has started.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Disappointing loss tonight, just as any loss was going to be. But it will be good for the team in the long run.

This will probably sound like sour grapes, but the pressure of being #1 and undefeated probably would have taken an emotional toll, the longer it went. It had already become a bit much for any team, let alone one dominated by freshmen. I'm not glad they lost - the undefeated run was fun. But it's not nearly as disappointing as one in the third or fourth week of March.
    Couldn't have put it any better if I wanted to.

This was a combination of playing a hostile road game and not bringing their best game. I would also add three other factors:

• The number one ranking (obviously)
    • The Obama phone call today. I realize this was for the Hoops for Haiti, but to have the President of the United States call before you take the court can do nothing but stroke an already inflated ego on a young freshman team. Add in the number one ranking and this was a recipe for disaster.
    • The Arkansas win I think provided a false sense of security.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

We deserved to lose tonight. Carolina absolutely killed us on the offensive glass. Patrick's 'performance' (disappearance) was particularly disconcerting. I couldn't believe the missed uncontested lay-up/dunks by Dodson and Bledsoe.

Let's see them bounce back and take care of Vandy this weekend.

I do want to add that the beastliness of DeMarcus Cousins truly is something to behold. Man he can straight up ball. He's going to be a great NBA player.

IMO,Patterson has been deferring points,rebounds and leadership to the freshmen. He needs to show his veteran leadership or this team may not live up to its potential. I just don't see the leadership being shown on the court by Patterson.
    You just can't get beat on the boards like they did last night and expect to win. USC had 20 offensive rebounds. That's unacceptable. If Cousins hadn't come ready to play they may been beaten by 20 points. Cousins is turning into a great player before our eyes. He should have a long prosperous career in the NBA.
    The Vandy game just became very huge. If Vandy wins tonight against UT they will be going for a two game lead in the SEC east on Saturday.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I blame Obama. Seriously though, Downey is the best player in the league. And, Patrick, the 2nd half has started.
    Yeah and that fact has to make any UC fan sick to their stomach...

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Let's see them bounce back and take care of Vandy this weekend.
    I agree, Vandy is tough. It would be a nice turnaround victory.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I agree. UK has as good a chance as anyone to win it all. Enjoy the ride...

The Courier-Journal has an article claiming that Cousins punched a fan after the SC game. Did anyone see that? I can't imagine there is anything to it or it would be all over the major sports sites.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    The Courier-Journal has an article claiming that Cousins punched a fan after the SC game. Did anyone see that? I can't imagine there is anything to it or it would be all over the major sports sites.
    I've seen the film clip and it's so hazy I couldn't tell anything about it. I doubt anyone was punched. I really doubt anyone punched by Cousins would live to tell about it. He or someone else may have given a good hard shove to someone to get them out of the way as they headed to the locker room. Anthing other than that and it would have been headlines on ESPN and elsewhere.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    The story is by the UK beat writer, Brett Dawson, and is reporting on a claim made by a local radio host:

Bob Shields, who works for TV station WLTX in Columbia and hosts a radio show for WNKT-107.5 FM, said that as South Carolina fans stormed the court after the Gamecocks' 68-62 victory, one of them bumped into Cousins, who he said “popped the kid a couple of times in the cheek.”
    This hasn't caught much steam so it appears to be nothing. Also, in the article, Bob Shields actually defends Cousins claiming that a fan pushed him and Cousins responded with a "light" jab. It seems to me that if Cousins had really taken a swing at him, it would have started an all-out brawl. The fact that nothing happened suggests that this has been blown out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    This hasn't caught much steam so it appears to be nothing. Also, in the article, Bob Shields actually defends Cousins claiming that a fan pushed him and Cousins responded with a "light" jab. It seems to me that if Cousins had really taken a swing at him, it would have started an all-out brawl. The fact that nothing happened suggests that this has been blown out of proportion.
    That's what I figured. No way did he take a real swing at the kid or this would have been pretty big news.

Turn Off Ads?