Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Things That Drive You Crazy Redux

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: Things That Drive You Crazy Redux

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Drivers who use the passing lane of an interstate as their own personal 65 mph cruising lane.

Truck drivers who move into the passing lane to pass the truck in front of them, but then proceed to only go .5 mph faster than the truck they are passing and ultimately take 5-10 miles to pass the truck. (Sorry if I have offended any truck drivers on RedsZone as I do respect what you do.)
    Both of those drive me crazy too. I also hate when people behind me start swerving in and out of the lanes at top speed to go around me. I get a certain amount of glee when they get stuck behind some person going even slower than I was when they started the swerving all over the place, LOL

Right now, the biggest thing driving me crazy is work. THANK GOD its finally the weekend. :runawaycr
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

I stopped at the local McDonalds yesterday, and I was really hungry because I usually don't eat there. Plus the kids wanted me to bring them home food. I don't know their menu, but I knew I didn't want any of their burgers. So I glanced at their menu and ordered a grilled, crispy chicken club sandwich. This young girl was a giggling teeny bopper and started laughing. I asked her what was so funny. She said it's either a grilled OR crispy chicken club sandwich. So I laughed. And she said "See why it was so funny?" And I responded "I'm not laughing at that. I'm laughing that even with my slip, you're still the one working at McDonalds."

I hope they didn't spit on my sandwich.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

And I responded "I'm not laughing at that. I'm laughing that even with my slip, you're still the one working at McDonalds."
    That made me laugh out loud. That's great.

Kind of reminds me of the bumper sticker, "I may be slow but I'm still ahead of you."

How could I forget this one: rebates.

I tell you what, Mr. Circuit City clerk- if it's so easy to get the money back, you go ahead and front me the $50, and you wait to get the money back.

I don't buy anything that has a rebate, and I make sure to tell the sales person that.

If the rebate was really such an easy thing to get, these stores would just give you the lower price and then the manufacturer could send them a check based on what was sold at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    How could I forget this one: rebates.

I tell you what, Mr. Circuit City clerk- if it's so easy to get the money back, you go ahead and front me the $50, and you wait to get the money back.

I don't buy anything that has a rebate, and I make sure to tell the sales person that.

If the rebate was really such an easy thing to get, these stores would just give you the lower price and then the manufacturer could send them a check based on what was sold at the end of the month.
    I think the reason they do that is because how many actually submit the rebate? Or maybe forget to?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I think the reason they do that is because how many actually submit the rebate? Or maybe forget to?
    I agree. But also for the people who do submit the rebate paperwork, they have numerous reasons to disqualify the attempt at the money.

It's awful.

Another thing: When they put too many pretzels in trail mix or chex combos.

One time I ate around the pretzels just to see how many they put in there- it almost half the bag.

I don't eat the Sweet and Salty Trail Mix to get more pretzels in my life.

And I don't buy Starburst to eat the lemon ones. They should stop making those.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Truck drivers who move into the passing lane to pass the truck in front of them, but then proceed to only go .5 mph faster than the truck they are passing and ultimately take 5-10 miles to pass the truck. (Sorry if I have offended any truck drivers on RedsZone as I do respect what you do.)
    That problem is normally the trucks that are governed at a certain speed. The passing truck sometimes can't go any faster and when the one being passed won't back off and let the other guy around faster, you have that problem. Not really the fault of the driver if he drives for a stupid company that limits the speed of their trucks.

Someone mentioned bluetooth devices. It drives me nuts to see someone not using any form of hands free device and then struggling to perform some task that requires the hands while still using the phone.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

And I don't buy Starburst to eat the lemon ones. They should stop making those.
    Is it just me, or do the lemon starbursts always seem to be harder than the other ones in the package?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I agree. But also for the people who do submit the rebate paperwork, they have numerous reasons to disqualify the attempt at the money.

It's awful.
    Yep. I've had a couple rebates denied because somehow I didn't cross my T's or dot my Is like I was suppose to. Got a nice form letter. That's when I call and get my pound of flesh. And that's when they say I can file a grievance with their customer service department if I am unsatisfied. I simply, and sarcastically, inform them that ain't going to do no good and they know it. I just won't buy any of their products again and hang up.

Lowes is real good at this.

Another thing: When they put too many pretzels in trail mix or chex combos.
    Most people compain there aren't enough pretzels.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Trail mix of any kind.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Yep. I've had a couple rebates denied because somehow I didn't cross my T's or dot my Is like I was suppose to. Got a nice form letter. That's when I call and get my pound of flesh. And that's when they say I can file a grievance with their customer service department if I am unsatisfied. I simply, and sarcastically, inform them that ain't going to do no good and they know it. I just won't buy any of their products again and hang up.

Lowes is real good at this.
    I usually file a complaint at the BBB if a rebate doesn't come when it's due, (after calling to ask why) but some of these vendors don't care. Most of the time they pay up, though.

The ultimate rebate scam is the "missing original UPC bar code".
    There is no way to fight it. I've offered to send them a copy (which I scan in religiously), to replace the one they "misplaced"...but the answer is always "it's got to be the original". And since they lost the original...well.
    One of these days, I'll take them to small claims court or something.

I read somewhere in BusinessWeek a while ago that rebate processors have gone as far as guaranteeing a certain percentage of denials and also that the average of valid rebates is usually around 60%...which is why vendors do them, I suppose.

That said, I have the process down pretty good, keep excellent records and get my rebates over 90% of the time.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

ESPN

Michigan

People who spell Erik Bedard Eric Bedard

Sun-tanned Floridians who visit us pasty skinned Northeners in the winter and want it to snow, like its some novelty act.

Turn Off Ads?