Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions Thread

Re: Introductions Thread

I'm new to the site and figured I'd better stop by here and introduce myself. My dad, Phil in BG, has on occasion referred me to conversations on this site when we talk baseball, that is how I found the site. I am 26, was born and raised a Cincy fan, Reds and Bengals (yeah it's been a rough past 15 years). I am currently serving in the Ohio Air National Guard and am a full time student at BGSU. I hope to be able to bring some quality to the conversations but... no guarantees. As for baseball, I grew up watching Eric Davis, Barry Larkin, Chris Sabo, Rob Dibble, Jose Rijo etc etc. I was also a huge Griffey Jr. fan even before he came to the Reds, so when he came to the Cincinnati in '00 I was quite ecstatic. I am very excited to see what the Reds can do with these new young players.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Root Down View Post
    I'm new to the site and figured I'd better stop by here and introduce myself. My dad, Phil in BG, has on occasion referred me to conversations on this site when we talk baseball, that is how I found the site. I am 26, was born and raised a Cincy fan, Reds and Bengals (yeah it's been a rough past 15 years). I am currently serving in the Ohio Air National Guard and am a full time student at BGSU. I hope to be able to bring some quality to the conversations but... no guarantees. As for baseball, I grew up watching Eric Davis, Barry Larkin, Chris Sabo, Rob Dibble, Jose Rijo etc etc. I was also a huge Griffey Jr. fan even before he came to the Reds, so when he came to the Cincinnati in '00 I was quite ecstatic. I am very excited to see what the Reds can do with these new young players.
    Hello, and welcome, we look forward to reading your input and feedback.

Hello fellow Reds fans !

I just registered for the site.

I have been a lifelong Reds fan thanks to my Father.
    I live in NC and just got back from a game. Been to at least one game a year for as long as I can remember.

I saw the Thursday game vs. the Mets after the All-Star break.
    Coco made me sick that night and I wont be better until I get back and see a win.

I look forward to meeting you all and bantering about our Redlegs with everyone.

Welcome to the site! As someone who has lived in NC, there's a lot of North Carolina flavor to be proud of between Brandon Phillips, Norris Hopper, Jared Burton, and Todd Coffey. I hope you enjoy it here, and don't be shy to ask questions or make suggestions.

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while and decided it was time to join the conversation.

I've been following the Reds since the very early Big Red Machine days. I can remember listening to Al Michaels and Joe Nuxhall on my little hand held transistor radio! I remember when they first hired Marty Brenneman, my family and I used to laugh about how excited Marty would get whenever somebody hit a ball in the air. He thought every flyball was a home run for about 2-3 years.

Like everybody I loved the big four (Rose, Morgan, Bench, and Perez), but I really rooted for Foster and Concepcion. In the past 20 years or so my favorite players have been Eric Davis, Larkin, Griffey Jr., and Dunn. In fact, my favorite ballpark memory of recent years is taking my son to the game in which Dunn hit a ball to the Ohio River. At the time Dunn was the only player's name on the team my son recognized. For a long time after that he thought we should always see Dunn hit a 500+ foot homerun.

Broooce14

Hi. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a reds fan since I was little and grew up wearing 14 on all my little league jerseys because Pete Rose has always been my favorite. I'm also a huge UK fan and a Green Bay Packers fan. I've been reading the Old Red Guard posts for awhile now and just decided to read the "about us" link recently and liked what I read so I decided to begin posting.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Hello all!

Another noob here...born and raised in Cincinnati, a Reds fan my whole life. Reading the "About Us" on the forums, it seems there is a high bar for posting, so I look forward to some intelligent Reds/baseball discussion.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the young guys on the team can do, and think things are moving in the right direction for the first time in a long time. Then again, I could have a warped sense of progress as I am also a Bengals fan.

I also believe the team should only wear this cap:

I am really glad to be back on this board again. I have not had a computer for one and a half years. I still followed the Reds though. When I heard that the Reds let go of Griffey and Dunn, I blew my top and said I would never follow the Reds again. I lied! I would never leave the Reds!
    I hope I hear from all of you soon.

Hey all,

My name is Justin, I am a lifelong Reds fan from Cincinnati. I grew up during the Davis and Larkin eras, but I feel that I have a good enough knowledge about the game of baseball and the team itself to contribute well.

Cheers, and GO REDS!
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    Hey all,

My name is Justin, I am a lifelong Reds fan from Cincinnati. I grew up during the Davis and Larkin eras, but I feel that I have a good enough knowledge about the game of baseball and the team itself to contribute well.

Cheers, and GO REDS!
    Welcome to the site, ++. Feel free to ask questions.

Hi,

My name is Jack and I am lifelong Reds fan. My family moved from Ohio when I was kid in 1976, right after the 76 World Series, so obvioulsy I have never fully recovered from such a devastating trama. I swore to all my friends that I would be Reds fan forever, and have stuck to that promise, even when I lived in St. Louis when they won the World Series in 1982. I live in LA now, don't ask, I know it sucks. But still a Reds fan. I am just hoping the Reds can win a game here sometime in my lifetime, so I don't have to hear it from my Dodger fan friends.

I picked the username TheNext44 because my two favorite players are Eric Davis and Adam Dunn, who both wore #44. I hope that the Reds can find their next #44 soon, because they need one. I have noticed that the Reds last #44 is still as controversial as when he was a Red. That is one reason why I wanted to join. I could talk about Adam Dunn all day long.

Have Some Fun and Go Reds!

Can't understand how I missed this thread and instead started a new one. Anyway, my name's Jim and live in Gothenburg, Sweden, 19 years old. Because it's basically unheard of with baseball here in sweden I've only been into baseball since this season. Looking forward to the season with fellow "Redszoners" (eehr)... GO reds

welcome aboard TheNext44 (love your hobbies) and Farnsie (wow sweden? cool). hope you enjoy the boards.

Hi all,
    My name is Matt and am 22 years old. I attend UC and have been in Cincinnati my whole life. Love the Reds and Kepp, lets go in 09!!!

Quote Originally Posted by morande View Post
    Hi all,
    My name is Matt and am 22 years old. I attend UC and have been in Cincinnati my whole life. Love the Reds and Kepp, lets go in 09!!!
    Welcome Matt and everyone else's posts I missed initially. When it comes to Reds discussion we don't mess around here so tighten up those games.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?