Turn Off Ads?
Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1284

Thread: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7yAO61xbk

Dallas Cowboy OC Bill Callahan was just asked his thoughts on the game in Cincy...

*If someone can edit to put the video here please feel free to.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Get it out of your system. It was a tough ugly loss.

Win tommorow and its 3 of 4 vs STL. We all would have taken that.

Contrary to popular belief, ballplayers have a short memory. Tomorrows a new day.

4. Likes:

villain612 (09-05-2013)

Bunting is always bad, but I have to lay the blame of this loss in Joseph Votto. Love the guy and glad he is a red, but 0-7 should not happen.

After Choo and Phillips (4-12, .333), the 3-4-5 hitters went 0-19 (of course the 5 hitter was Heisey, and that was insane). The 6-7-8 hitters went 5-13 (.385). If Votto, Bruce and, for God's sake, hopefully Ludwick (if Dusty lets him play) don't get going, this is not going to be a great three weeks.

Dusty just said that Heisey bunted on his own. You can bet he was hacked about that--just shows this sham of a preferred left fielder has no baseball intellect, but what you wanna bet that he'll still play a lot because...heck, I don't know why.

Sorry guys, but one player, well maybe two, drive me nuts on this team and you know who they are.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    You can ban me for this post if you want, I really don't care.

But if you honestly think Dusty called for Heisey to bunt or called for a suicide squeeze in that situation, please stop watching baseball because you are an absolute idiot.

The stupidity I've seen from Reds fans tonight absolutely boggles my mind.
    I think there was one or two posters about 6 pages back that may have wondered if it was a squeeze. Not an epidemic by any means, and probably on the low end of things to be pissed about after that debacle, but whatever makes you feel better.

8. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (09-05-2013),oregonred (09-05-2013),WVRedsFan (09-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Can anyone explain to me the suicide squeeze? I understand this team's futility offensively and how they ought to try anything but in what world does it make sense to SUICIDE squeeze with two out? The only way such a play works is if the bunt is good for a base hit. And if it's a good enough bunt for a base hit then it's extremely likely that the runner on third can score without leaving the base early. That makes no sense whatsoever to me and I hope they ask Dusty some pointed questions about this
    It wasn't a suicide squeeze. Next question.

Votto Bruce and Heisey went o for a trillion. Thats all you need to know about why we lost tonight. A bunt here or there didn't make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If Dusty didn't call for it then who told Choo to run on the pitch?
    Nobody has to tell Choo anything. He's a baseball player, he can make decisions on his own.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Got any Powerball numbers for the week. Regardless of tomorrow, I'd be floored if they take 2 of 3 from the Dodgers. Stunned actually.
    It's baseball. We weren't that far from taking 2 or even 3/4 from them IN LA. We have a solid team. Taking 2 out of 3 from a good team isn't against the law, you know?

"So Fla Red"

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    There is no rhyme or reason under the sun that Logan Ondrusek remains employed by the Cincinnati Reds.

Completely and utterly sick and tired of watching him throw 95 mph straight as an arrow down the center of the plate and someone jacking it out of the park.

To be fair to Logan that one was slightly below the center of the plate and straight as an arrow. Perfectly positioned as batting practice for a power hitting lefty. Although I can't blame him for this one tonight. Why you aren't pitching Grizzly extremely carefully with one out in a scoreless game is a bit perplexing in a perpetual season of perplexity.

Craig goes out and his replacement hits two extra inning HRs to win the game. Someone in that town sold their soul a long time ago that's for sure.

Choo didn't run on the pitch. He headed down the line and got caught in no mans land when he saw the bunt attempt.

There's nothing to debate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    You can ban me for this post if you want, I really don't care.

But if you honestly think Dusty called for Heisey to bunt or called for a suicide squeeze in that situation, please stop watching baseball because you are an absolute idiot.

The stupidity I've seen from Reds fans tonight absolutely boggles my mind.
    Yikes. I don't know if that was a called play or not. Probably not. But would I absolutely put it past Dusty Baker to lose track of an out? No. And for this doubt I am "absolute idiot?"

Just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I think there was one or two posters about 6 pages back that may have wondered if it was a squeeze. Not an epidemic by any means, and probably on the low end of things to be pissed about after that debacle, but whatever makes you feel better.
    Not to mention most of the people hacked off about bunting are about the Mesoraco and Phillips bunts.

The one that gets me the most is Mesoraco. In front of Jack Hannahan. A guy who has had a walk off HR earlier this year... In front of maybe the worst batter on the team. Who is also one of the slowest guys on the team and risks a double play.

The Mesoraco bunt just blows my mind. Phillips, I wouldn't have done it. But whatever. At least your best hitter is on deck.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    It's baseball. We weren't that far from taking 2 or even 3/4 from them IN LA. We have a solid team. Taking 2 out of 3 from a good team isn't against the law, you know?
    I hope you are proven correct. Will be a good test for Latos and Bailey as well. The LA series was one of the Reds best played of the season although the 1-3 record summed up the frustrating 14-13 July with a sub 3 staff ERA.

EMAW

Re: Red Birds at Reds 9/4/2013 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    No big deal really, the division is a long shot. Reds are still solidly in the wild card situation.

If you're expecting the Reds to go on a big roll winning virtually every night against tough teams, well, good luck.
    you obviously did not get the Redszone memo that a loss means the season is over. Why people are freaking out over one game is beyond weird.

Turn Off Ads?