Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: vBulletin 4 Upgrade Coming

They call me "chef"

Re: New Format?

I miss the Banned Users Hall of Fame that was on the older format.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: vBulletin 4 Upgrade Coming

How about some alternate skins? A black background would be particularly nice with a soft red font.

All,

First off, I want to say that we greatly appreciate everyone's patience during this transition, as well as your input. Unfortunately, things have obviously not gone as smoothly as I would've liked, as I had no idea that the styles / skins we had in our old version (vB 3) would not convert over to vB 4, so I'm effectively left trying to recreate them as best as possible from scratch. The behind the scenes piece is vastly different than it was in vB 3, so this is completely new to me, and I'm having to learn as I go along. I am making note of your feedback (namely the desire for a black style), and I will get to that ASAP, but my primary priority continues to be getting the standard style back in order (i.e. the blue removed) since that's the one the vast majority of users had set. If I don't figure out what variables need to be changed in order to produce the desired results for the standard style, I'll never be able to recreate the other styles.

In short, please continue to provide feedback but also understand I'm doing the best I can to learn what I need to know in my free time. Thanks again for your continued patience.

5. Likes:

foxfire123 (03-30-2014),WMR (03-20-2014)

I know there's been quite a bit of demand for a dark theme, so I threw something together ("Black RedsZone") in five minutes in case you'd prefer that over the status quo. I can already see that some of the text colors and button colors need to be modified in order to be visible (that's a big part of my challenge with the standard style), so it's far from perfect, and I'm not going to do anything else with it until I'm done with my primary task, but it's out there if you want to check it out.

7. Likes:

WMR (03-20-2014)

Everything I click on turns into a pop-up ad. Is that going to be permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Everything I click on turns into a pop-up ad. Is that going to be permanent?
    No, that's certainly not intentional. Which style are you using, or is it both?

I believe I've made a bit of progress with the original style (at least for the commonly used areas; I've not started on things like the calendar, User CP, etc). Let me your thoughts on the "RedsZone" style, as I believe I'm starting to figure out where some of the important variables are located.

11. Likes:

WMR (03-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    No, that's certainly not intentional. Which style are you using, or is it both?
    Mine automatically switched over to the vBulletin 4 version, but I started getting the pop-up ads a couple weeks ago. I don't get them on any other sites?

Mine automatically switched over to the vBulletin 4 version, but I started getting the pop-up ads a couple weeks ago. I don't get them on any other sites?
    I'm not sure what could be causing this from our end. Is anyone else having any issues like this specific to RedsZone (either before or after the upgrade)?

14. Likes:

WMR (03-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I'm not sure what could be causing this from our end. Is anyone else having any issues like this specific to RedsZone (either before or after the upgrade)?
    I've always gotten them since the site starting using ads. my blocker stops about 80% of them (it informs me when it blocks).
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    I've always gotten them since the site starting using ads. my blocker stops about 80% of them (it informs me when it blocks).
    Mine does too, but I still get a pop-up when I click on a thread. I just opened RedZone and immediately went straight to this board and this thread -- a total of maybe 45 seconds -- and my blocker has already totaled probably 50 ads blocked.

Thanks for letting me know. If this is AdSense generating the popups, I was unaware it generated those (I thought it was only ads within the forum).

If it's not AdSense, we may have an issue on our hands. I will have to do some digging in to this.

Thanks for putting the black in place, BH. So much easier on the eyes. Let me know when you want some feedback on tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Thanks for putting the black in place, BH. So much easier on the eyes. Let me know when you want some feedback on tweaks.
    You can provide them now - just understand they won't be addressed until the primary style is good to go. After working on it for awhile last night, I feel somewhat more confident in what I need to know.

Mine does too, but I still get a pop-up when I click on a thread. I just opened RedZone and immediately went straight to this board and this thread -- a total of maybe 45 seconds -- and my blocker has already totaled probably 50 ads blocked.
    I'm at a loss because I can't replicate this on my end (with everything disabled that would potentially block popups and/or ads). Is anyone else having this issue and only on RedsZone?

Turn Off Ads?