Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 72oz Steak in 9mins. 30 Secs.

72oz Steak in 9mins. 30 Secs.

Look who owns the record @ The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo.

The Man, The Myth, the Legend...

http://www.bigtexan.com/72ozlive.htm

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 72oz Steak in 9mins. 30 Secs.

I feel sick just reading that
    Go Gators!

We live here in Amarillo and have gone to the 'Texan' a few times. While it's incredibly hokie and cheesy, they have some pretty damn good steaks and chicken fried steak.

As for the 72oz'er, that thing is just a monsterous roast. I saw an asian kid from Duke University knock it out in about 38 mins. Quite impressive. They put you up on a stage in the middle of the dining area...it's amusing and if you ever come thru here, you should check it out.

2 days and a wake up, though, til we leave this town for good!!!

As they would say in a trance-like drone on the Gary Burbank Show: "Frank, Frank, Frank"
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

SirFelix is right. They make a big deal out of it. Lived hear almost 25 years and never had the guts to try it. It isn't just the steak either. You have to eat all the trimmings.

woof.

It is a good steakhouse though. But INCREDIBLY hokey.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    SirFelix is right. They make a big deal out of it. Lived hear almost 25 years and never had the guts to try it. It isn't just the steak either. You have to eat all the trimmings.

woof.

It is a good steakhouse though. But INCREDIBLY hokey.
    No doubt...Lone Star Bar & Grill down on FM 1151 is the steak you MUST have if you come thru Amarillo. It's like a Brontasaurus steak. And incredible ribeye.

Frank Pastore, who was a professional pitcher for the Cincinnati Reds, ate the complete steak dinner in 9 and 1/2 minutes. (May 3, 1987) Pastore actually has eaten the steak dinner seven times. On his first effort, in February 1976, he finished the steak in 21 minutes.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I would worry that someone would choke eating so much so fast but I'm confident Pastore got all of the choking out his system while with the Reds.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    No doubt...Lone Star Bar & Grill down on FM 1151 is the steak you MUST have if you come thru Amarillo. It's like a Brontasaurus steak. And incredible ribeye.
    Most of the steakhouses here are overrated. Now Mexican food, that's another story.

I actually had a Frank Pastore jersey as a kid. Had a Hume jersey too. And I marched in the baseball bunch parade for Johnny Bench's last game. I think it was his last game. All I remember was big hands and bad breath. I was 13.
    Last edited by TRF; 03-13-2008 at 12:39 PM.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I would worry that someone would choke eating so much so fast but I'm confident Pastore got all of the choking out his system while with the Reds.

well played

Tony Randall!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?