Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ryan Hannigan..answer to who leads off?

Ryan Hannigan..answer to who leads off?

Why not give him a shot, yes he is not fast, but so what, he gets on base and isn't that more important? I mean bat him leadoff, but Phillips in the 2 spot with Votto in the 3 hole and Bruce batting 4.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ryan Hannigan..answer to who leads off?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Why not give him a shot, yes he is not fast, but so what, he gets on base and isn't that more important? I mean bat him leadoff, but Phillips in the 2 spot with Votto in the 3 hole and Bruce batting 4.
    Well, IMO a true lead off hitter is what this team needs, a High OBP guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Well, IMO a true lead off hitter is what this team needs, a High OBP guy...
    In a perfect world you are right, and I am sure Walt is efforting to get that done, but if come opening day he hasn't, I still would like to see Dusty think outside the box and give Hannigan a try, he can't be any worse then Orlando was and how long did Dusty give that a try.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

"Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me." I think I've heard that before...don't really agree.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

In a perfect world you are right, and I am sure Walt is efforting to get that done, but if come opening day he hasn't, I still would like to see Dusty think outside the box and give Hannigan a try, he can't be any worse then Orlando was and how long did Dusty give that a try.
    How about we just stay in Baseball world and the Reds acquire a High OBP guy, the reds were 2nd to last in the NL in OBP for Lead Off hitters last year.

How about we just stay in Baseball world and the Reds acquire a High OBP guy, the reds were 2nd to last in the NL in OBP for Lead Off hitters last year.
    that is way way way much eaiser to say then do. Again we have to look at what possibilities we have on teh team presently that would work and I think hannigan might be that answer.

that is way way way much eaiser to say then do. Again we have to look at what possibilities we have on teh team presently that would work and I think hannigan might be that answer.
    I am not saying I want Hanigan to Lead off...

But answer this:

Who leads off when Hernadez is the Catcher?

I am not saying I want Hanigan to Lead off...

But answer this:

Who leads off when Hernadez is the Catcher?
    It would depend on whose pitching, I would go with either phillips or Stubbs.

It would depend on whose pitching, I would go with either phillips or Stubbs.
    Phillps batted .251 in the lead off role last year and hit .306 in the 2 hole last year...

Stubbs would be the only choice I would go with.

Phillps batted .251 in the lead off role last year and hit .306 in the 2 hole last year...

Stubbs would be the only choice I would go with.
    Again to me it would be based off of whom is pitching and i think if done that way both can be successful.

Hanigan makes sense when you look at what a leadoff hitter should be. He gets on base! Who cares if he can run if you have Votto driving him in! However, Dusty would rather have someone with speed who cant get on base lead off.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    Hanigan makes sense when you look at what a leadoff hitter should be. He gets on base! Who cares if he can run if you have Votto driving him in! However, Dusty would rather have someone with speed who cant get on base lead off.
    I would to, but that is not easy to find. Speed does you no good on the bench...

Turn Off Ads?