Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodgers Awarded Claim On Adrian Gonzalez

Dodgers Awarded Claim On Adrian Gonzalez

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...-gonzalez.html

The Dodgers were awarded the waiver claim on Adrian Gonzalez, Bill Shaikin of the LA Times reports (on Twitter). The Dodgers and Red Sox can now discuss a possible trade.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...-gonzalez.html

WOW when will they stop spending money, they are become the Yankees of the west

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Hope we get the chance....but facing them in the playoffs will be significantly different than when we faced them without Kemp, Ethier and missed Kershaw.

I believe Jerry Hairston Jr was their top choice to bat cleanup then.

Re: Dodgers Awarded Claim On Adrian Gonzalez

ESPN Boston's Gordon Edes tweeted this...

Blockbuster: red Sox, Dodgers working on deal that would send AGon, Crawford, Beckett and Punto to LA. Hurdles remain, but closing in

Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Hope we get the chance....but facing them in the playoffs will be significantly different than when we faced them without Kemp, Ethier and missed Kershaw.

I believe Jerry Hairston Jr was their top choice to bat cleanup then.
    Off-topic, but since you mentioned his name, I though I'd just add how much I totally love Jerry Hairston Jr. (though not cleaning up, obviously - totally get your point )

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    ESPN Boston's Gordon Edes tweeted this...

Blockbuster: red Sox, Dodgers working on deal that would send AGon, Crawford, Beckett and Punto to LA. Hurdles remain, but closing in

How is this good for baseball if the Dodgers become the new Yankees of the NL???? And to think the Reds were not allowed to get Vida Blue becuae Kuhn didnt want a dynasty in Cincinnati.. Goodness!!

Selig should shoot this deal down

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    How is this good for baseball if the Dodgers become the new Yankees of the NL???? And to think the Reds were not allowed to get Vida Blue becuae Kuhn didnt want a dynasty in Cincinnati.. Goodness!!

Something tells me it's more likely they become the Marlins of the west, and Selig might shoot it down for that reason. It all depends on the TV deal.

My god, that is a crazy trade, especially in late August. This would have to put the Dodgers as the NL favorites, right? Especially with Strasburg out of the playoffs.

Scott Miller of CBS Sports.
    Source on A-Gon/#RedSox/#Dodgers blockbuster: "I'm getting the feeling from both sides ... it's going down." Talks def drop-dead serious

My goodness. Dodgers would get the better players, but IMO those contracts are just terrible. I would hate to have those contracts.

Also James Loney apparently just got scratched from the Dodgers lineup.

Now Gonzalez has been scratched from the Boston lineup

EDIT:
    Alex Speier Red Sox Beat Writer, WEEI.com
    Punto and Gonzalez were both summoned into clubhouse from dugout

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post

That was my first thought -- Dave Revering & $400,000 for Vida if my memory still works
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

More from Gordon Edes

To repeat: trade would send Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett and Nick Punto to LA. Red Sox would get RHP Rubby de la Rosa, as PTBNL since he did not clear waivers. Also, 1b James Loney, OF Sands, IF DeJesus, top prospect

dodgers need to win their division first to make the playoffs and right now haven't played well lately and r 3 games behind the Giants

Turn Off Ads?