Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: angels reassign bootcheck

angels reassign bootcheck

he has potential although the downside is that he is not 40 yet

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: angels reassign bootcheck

He would be a good fit in AAA. Emergency type guy.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    He would be a good fit in AAA. Emergency type guy.

I like the kid and would love for the Red's to go get him. I think he has been lost in the shuffle with the Angel's. Give this kid a fair opportunity to earn a SP job on the Red's and I think he could go and snatch it up.
    Last edited by Topcat; 01-05-2007 at 12:47 PM.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    I like the kid and would love for the Red's to go get him. I think he has been lost in the shuffle with the Angel's. Give this kid at a fair opportunity to earn a sp job on the Red's and I think he could go and snatch it up.
    Better than Elizardo? Just curious. I have no opinion either way.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

This "kid" spoken of here is like 28 already.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...ootcheck.shtml

Would a change of scenery help? Very likely. But does he have more developing to do? No.

Sure pitching in Salt Lake most of the past five seasons could be rough on your ERA (some of the PCL parks are actually pitcher's parks, but I don't remember if SLC falls into that; I don't think so, though), but Bootcheck has never been dominant at any level, even in college at Auburn. He's always given up more hits than innings pitched with a pretty low K rate (6.15 per nine for his minor-league career). With pinpoint control that would be okay, but he doesn't have that either (3 BB/9).

A flyer is a cheap thing to take, but Chris looks to me like another first-round pick (20th overall, 2000) that hasn't panned out.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 01-05-2007 at 11:44 AM.

he'll never drop to the Reds IMO. I wouldn't mind the Reds going after him, but they will not get that chance.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Better than Elizardo? Just curious. I have no opinion either way.

He got switched over to mid relief and went to hell in a hand basket fast. I just feel he is at a point where he knew he had no shot with the Angels.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    he'll never drop to the Reds IMO. I wouldn't mind the Reds going after him, but they will not get that chance.

You are probably right but with the obvious Milton injury waiting to happen. He is worth a stab at.

I see minor league totals of over 10 H/9, 3 BB/9, only 6.15 K/9. His only real solid season was in Rancho (high A) as a 22 year old in 2001. What exactly does this kid do well to merit a spot?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I see minor league totals of over 10 H/9, 3 BB/9, only 6.15 K/9. His only real solid season was in Rancho (high A) as a 22 year old in 2001. What exactly does this kid do well to merit a spot?
    Nothing really... that's why he would make a good AAA filler.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    A flyer is a cheap thing to take, but Chris looks to me like another first-round pick (20th overall, 2000) that hasn't panned out.

Right, and its not a matter of pitching in a hitter's league. The guy has been stuck in AAA since 2003 and has regressed each year since then....

I'mm not seeing the point....

I guess I'm not big on the idea of AAA filler unless you can't fill AAA with guys that at least have some upside. If the AAA guy is going to suck in the majors, I'd rather him at least have the chance of not sucking in the majors at some point in the future.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I guess I'm not big on the idea of AAA filler unless you can't fill AAA with guys that at least have some upside. If the AAA guy is going to suck in the majors, I'd rather him at least have the chance of not sucking in the majors at some point in the future.
    I think you're always going to need some filler at every level in your minor league system. Not every player is Major League material and you need a full roster. Even at Rookie level, you've got 25 guys on the team.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Anyone have SLC's park factors over the past couple of years? I'm not certain it's one of the PCL launchpads, but I think it is.

Someone enlighten a naive soul....who is bootcheck?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?