Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I just made the switch to DTV... OUCH!!!

Re: I just made the switch to DTV... OUCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed View Post
    I thought some of you who may be in the same boat as myself might be interested in my experience switching from cable to DTV. I have had the same cable company for about seven years and have all my services through them (cable with HD+DVR, phone, and internet). They are a smaller company and have always given me great customer service.... To say I was miffed at the new Extra Inning deal with DTV is an understatement. I really was not interested in satellite service, but living in Texas and living for Reds baseball meant I was going to have to make the deal with the devil or miss baseball......

Well, when all was said and done to get the same thing I have now with cable (two HD boxes w/DVR and HBO) is going to cost me $300 down for the boxes and about $10 bucks a month less after the first year. The first year I will get about $30 off per month..... So, I guess in the end it, it's pretty much a wash. Still, I can't help feeling a bit swindled over it all:thumbdown
    I complained and got $100 credit on my account. Told them I couldn't afford the DTV HD DVR, but that I refused to let them mount a non HD satellite onto my brand new roof, and they gave me some money back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

And I will admit, the HD picture quality from Time Warner Cable is better than the picture quality I am getting from DirecTV, but it's not too big of a deal...

If a current subscriber refers a new subscriber does the current sub. get something from Direct TV? I think Dish offers some kind of credit on the current's account.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamDunn View Post
    If a current subscriber refers a new subscriber does the current sub. get something from Direct TV? I think Dish offers some kind of credit on the current's account.

Thanks!
    Yes. The standard offer is a $50 credit for the current subscriber. I keep trying to encourage my friends and family to switch, but they keep going for the Dish Network because the local phone company offers a deal through them.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

If I decide to make the switch I'll shoot you a PM or email and see what I have to do to put you as a referral.

I'm still thinking about it...

Turn Off Ads?