Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 4

Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 4

As to Derek Holland, I would say he is BACK with his original team, as I picked him up off the scrap heap and had him on my roster for probably half of the 3 seasons.

Bum

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    As to Derek Holland, I would say he is BACK with his original team, as I picked him up off the scrap heap and had him on my roster for probably half of the 3 seasons.

Bum
    Confirmed. Holland is back with his original team (reds1869) but has been dropped and picked up a few times over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumstead View Post
    Well...looking at the All-Time standings, I clearly built my team on pitching as the 49 points in those categories show (tied with HayPay for the highest pitching total). Unfortunately, I have never been able to add enough true power hitters to my team to make my team a true threat to actually winning this league. I traded a few of my stud pitchers last year for good hitting "prospects," so we shall see what happens in that avenue. To me, it still appears that I have one of the better pitching staffs but my hitting is still not strong enough to really be a threat.

I haven't been all that active, other than a couple of weeks last year when I made a few trades, but nevertheless it has been annoying for some of my hitters to have not produced at the levels I would have expected at this point in their careers. Maybe a year with Tulo not being injured would help...

Bum
    Looks like you are the all-time leader in Wins, ERA and WHIP. Pretty impressive pitching staff bro. Your team is kind of the polar opposite of mine since those are my three weakest categories.

So whats next Atomic?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    So whats next Atomic?
    Yahoo should be opening up the fantasy baseball site any day now. It is usually the Tuesday after the Super Bowl, which was yesterday. Hopefully it will be this week. Maybe five minutes from now...

Once the site opens I will launch the league and we can get started with trades and draft preparation.

I wonder if they will add any new features this year?

Would anyone happen to have any interest in Tony Cingrani?

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I'm interested

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Great stuff Mr. Commissioner! Throughly enjoyed all the stats until I saw (was reminded of) my team's injury-riddled 27.0 2011 season. OMG that was a long, long season for this team owner, lol. But last year I made a respectable comback from last place in that 2011 season to 5th place last year with 68.5 points but still not to the 79 points of 2010. Watch out for Team Vada Pinson Fan this year guys.

Being Commissioner of two baseball fantasy leagues again this year and involved in a total of four, my posts here will be few and likely far between if inded anymore at all.

Best Wishes Everyone,
    Jerry

Pablo Sandoval on the block for SP or a package. Let me know if interested

Rosters are finalized and you can now set your lineups, propose trades and begin planning for the draft. I also determined the draft order and posted it on the league website. I guess I can post it here as well:

Code:
    1.1	thatcoolguy_22		2.1	thatcoolguy_22		3.1	thatcoolguy_22		4.1	thatcoolguy_22		5.1	thatcoolguy_22
    1.2	Joseph			2.2	Tornon			3.2	Joseph			4.2	Joseph			5.2	Joseph
    1.3	Crosley68		2.3	Crosley68		3.3	Crosley68		4.3	Crosley68		5.3	Crosley68
    1.4	Bumstead		2.4	Bumstead		3.4	Bumstead		4.4	Bumstead		5.4	Bumstead
    1.5	Joseph			2.5	Tornon			3.5	Tornon			4.5	Tornon			5.5	Tornon
    1.6	Captain Hook		2.6	Captain Hook		3.6	Captain Hook		4.6	Captain Hook		5.6	Captain Hook
    1.7	reds1869		2.7	reds1869		3.7	reds1869		4.7	reds1869		5.7	reds1869
    1.8	Vada Pinson Fan		2.8	Vada Pinson Fan		3.8	Vada Pinson Fan		4.8	Vada Pinson Fan		5.8	Vada Pinson Fan
    1.9	Atomic Dumpling		2.9	Atomic Dumpling		3.9	Atomic Dumpling		4.9	Atomic Dumpling		5.9	Atomic Dumpling
    1.10	HayPay			2.10	mbgrayson		3.10	mbgrayson		4.10	mbgrayson		5.10	mbgrayson
    1.11	HayPay			2.11	HayPay			3.11	mbgrayson		4.11	HayPay			5.11	HayPay
    1.12	Plus Plus		2.12	Plus Plus		3.12	Plus Plus		4.12	Plus Plus		5.12	Plus Plus
    IMPORTANT NOTE:
    We can trade draft picks for the upcoming 2013 draft, but we can't use the Yahoo trading system for doing so. If you would like to include an exchange of 2013 draft picks in a trade please do so using the Comments area of the trade proposal and notify me when the trade is complete so I can change the 2013 draft order. Any traded draft pick using the checkmark system in the trade proposal application will be considered a trade of 2014 draft picks. The checkmark system in the trade application shows that every team has a pick in every round, but due to traded picks that is certainly not the case for the 2013 draft. So if you forget and include 2013 draft picks in your trade proposals you are likely to end up trading picks that don't exist. Please consult the official 2013 draft order posted here and in the Commissioner's Note for use in all trades.

I have not chosen a specific date to start the draft yet, but it will be near March 10th. Each team will have a 10 hour time limit to post their pick.

The rosters seem to have disappeared on the league website.

Oscar Taveras not in the Yahoo player pool, so is he not draftable? He could possibly open the season as their starting CF, while other guys are already on rosters that are on the fast track for just a september call up in 2013. Anything we can do in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Oscar Taveras not in the Yahoo player pool, so is he not draftable? He could possibly open the season as their starting CF, while other guys are already on rosters that are on the fast track for just a september call up in 2013. Anything we can do in this situation?
    Many of the new top prospects are missing from the player pool. I saw on another forum that the Yahoo people have asked their service provider to add a list of them, but I don't know if that will be successful or not. If not, it kinda sucks because I accepted that trade with you with Taveras in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Many of the new top prospects are missing from the player pool. I saw on another forum that the Yahoo people have asked their service provider to add a list of them, but I don't know if that will be successful or not. If not, it kinda sucks because I accepted that trade with you with Taveras in mind.
    I think if we delay the first pick long enough, he will be added. Once ST starts they will update. Its just bogus IMO that he isn't and some guys in HiA are.

With the first trade of the season Tornon and I just swapped:

Pick 2.5 in 2013
    Tony Cingrani
    Mike Olt
    Zack Wheeler
    Wilin Rosario

Pick 1.1 in 2013
    Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    Jonathan Singleton

Turn Off Ads?