Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: Sick and tired of the Cardinals / Whiny Cardinals

Re: Sick and tired of the cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Hubba View Post
    I hate to mess up a great story BUT I drank Bush beer way back in 1965 in Monterrey Calif,
    It wasn't called Busch back then. It had a fancy name, like Bavarian Something Something (it might have has Busch somwhere in there). They changed the name to just Busch later. I'm not sure when, but it was after the stadium was named Busch Stadium, and it was to capitalize on the name of the stadium to sell more beer.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am reminded when seeing the way we play the Cardinals over the last few years of the documentary on the Brooklyn Dodgers I watched recently where they talked about how soul crushing it was when the Yankees beat them in the World Series in 1941, 1947, 1949, 1952, and 1953, before the Dodgers finally beat them in 1954. In that moment, all the heartbreak before it seemed worth it.

I don't know what our 1954 moment is, or if it will even happen. But if it does, I have had enough of the foreplay and am ready to see the Reds have their moment in the sun already.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

kbrake (08-27-2013),mdccclxix (08-27-2013)

And Reds, keep you heads in the ballgame, e.g.

Votto forgetting how many outs. Yes, it didn't materially hurt, but come on. Sends a huge signal.

Parra thinking Beltran is stealing signs. Him and Mes chat, Mes starts hopping around behind the plate like a Mexican jumping bean to deke out whoever, Parra loses his control and walks Carpenter. Congratulations, you just got gamed.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

BuckeyeRedleg (08-27-2013),OC_Red (08-27-2013),TSJ55 (08-27-2013)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It wasn't called Busch back then. It had a fancy name, like Bavarian Something Something (it might have has Busch somwhere in there). They changed the name to just Busch later. I'm not sure when, but it was after the stadium was named Busch Stadium, and it was to capitalize on the name of the stadium to sell more beer.
    from our friend, Wikipedia:

Busch Beer, a 4.6% abv economy brand pale lager was introduced in 1955 as Busch Bavarian Beer; the brand name was changed in 1979 to Busch Beer. Other beers marketed under the Busch brand name are Busch Light, a 4.1% pale lager introduced in 1989, Busch Ice, a 5.9% ice beer introduced in 1995, and Busch NA, a non-alcoholic brew. Ingredients are a mix of American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn.
    sorry we're boring

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    And Reds, keep you heads in the ballgame, e.g.

Votto forgetting how many outs. Yes, it didn't materially hurt, but come on. Sends a huge signal.

Parra thinking Beltran is stealing signs. Him and Mes chat, Mes starts hopping around behind the plate like a Mexican jumping bean to deke out whoever, Parra loses his control and walks Carpenter. Congratulations, you just got gamed.
    That cheater Molina is always always always checking on each pitch if the batter is stealing a sign. Can't stand that. Perhaps there is some stealing going on because it seems like they have the inside track on each pitch coming their way.

Busch Beer, a 4.6% abv economy brand pale lager was introduced in 1955 as Busch Bavarian Beer; the brand name was changed in 1979 to Busch Beer. Other beers marketed under the Busch brand name are Busch Light, a 4.1% pale lager introduced in 1989, Busch Ice, a 5.9% ice beer introduced in 1995, and Busch NA, a non-alcoholic brew. Ingredients are a mix of American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn. And very likely some urine.

10. Likes:

Always Red (08-27-2013),oregonred (08-27-2013),texasdave (08-27-2013)

So Frazier and Votto get pegged last night. If poor Yadi got hit tonight wouldn't that be a shame.

st. louis is 2nd in hitting batters with 58 and pittsburgh is 1st with 60. Is it wrong to want to play catch up in this category over the next few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    So Frazier and Votto get pegged last night. If poor Yadi got hit tonight wouldn't that be a shame.

st. louis is 2nd in hitting batters with 58 and pittsburgh is 1st with 60. Is it wrong to want to play catch up in this category over the next few weeks?
    I don't want to give the Cardinals any more baserunners than they already have.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

OC_Red (08-27-2013),pahster (08-28-2013),TSJ55 (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I am reminded when seeing the way we play the Cardinals over the last few years of the documentary on the Brooklyn Dodgers I watched recently where they talked about how soul crushing it was when the Yankees beat them in the World Series in 1941, 1947, 1949, 1952, and 1953, before the Dodgers finally beat them in 1954. In that moment, all the heartbreak before it seemed worth it.

I don't know what our 1954 moment is, or if it will even happen. But if it does, I have had enough of the foreplay and am ready to see the Reds have their moment in the sun already.
    Nice story but the Giants won the WS in 1954 over the Cleveland Indians. Try 1955 for the Dodgers' big moment----but, I get your point.

Rem
    "For Reds fans, by Reds fans" Learn it, love it, live it.

Little known story about Busch Beer and the Cardinals.

Back in the 1966, when Anheuser owned the Cardinals and built a new stadium for them, Auggie Busch wanted to call the stadium "Budweiser Stadium" after the company's most popular beer. But MLB refused to have a stadium named after a beer.

Auggie decided to name it "Busch Stadium" telling MLB he was naming it after himself. They agreed to that. Then Auggie started production on a new Anheuser product, Busch beer, making sure that the stadium was in fact named after one of his company's beers.

So the brand Busch beer was only started so Auggie Busch could name his stadium after one of his beers.

No wonder it sucks.
    So you're saying Busch Stadium is really a big middle finger to MLB? That's actually pretty awesome.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

16. Likes:

MikeThierry (08-27-2013)

get Alfredo Simon in there tonight at some point- he's hit 7 guys in 66 innings. He's like the designated plunker. And he's only walked 19 in that span so old Alfredo ain't just missing inside....he leads the team. Just have a fat lead and then see if he can reach double figures. Hey...it wouldn't be smart baseball, but it would be entertaining as all get out.

18. Likes:

mdccclxix (08-27-2013),remdog (08-27-2013)

I wonder if they are still experts at reading pitch tipping as the claim was in the LaRussa/Duncan days? Maybe they have a spy in the center field seats stealing signs and using Morse code to relay?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Who said batter vs pitcher is like a fist fight?

I think that's true.

I hope the Reds are rope-a-doping the hell out of the Cards right now.

Deep down they're going to explode on the Cards 15-0 in the wild card game and they know it!

Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I wonder if they are still experts at reading pitch tipping as the claim was in the LaRussa/Duncan days? Maybe they have a spy in the center field seats stealing signs and using Morse code to relay?
    I think Molina's paranoia about it is a tell.

I drank Busch bear in 1965. I know that for a fact.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Turn Off Ads?