Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: I told you guys Owings wasn't worthy of our 5th spot

Re: I told you guys Owings wasn't worthy of our 5th spot

So now owings is an allstar because he pitched well against the TERRIBLE indians.

Good point fellas. OP = PWND

This little stretch before the break will tell a short tale about the owings vs Homer battle. Not the indians series.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    So now owings is an allstar because he pitched well against the TERRIBLE indians.

This little stretch before the break will tell a short tale about the owings vs Homer battle. Not the indians series.
    What's the negative you see in allowing 2 runs or less in 4 of his last 5 starts, something no other REDS starter has done?

Don't you like having a pitcher play for the REDS who does that well right now?

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post

The Indians stink, but not because of their offense. They've scored the third most runs in MLB this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The Indians stink, but not because of their offense. They've scored the third most runs in MLB this year.
    Great point. Coming from someone who lives where the Great John Adams lived, I would expect nothing less.

Over all, Owings has been a solid #5. However his game 2 starts ago was very frustrating. He would get ahead, but could not get guys out. Too many pitchers, too many base runners, too many runs. Not enough getting the team off the field and up to bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    WOW. LOL. Man the hammer has been laid down on bgwilly and jaybruce32 here. I guess it shows who needs to do their research before making stupid posts. Maybe the moderators would give this board a little more respect if some people didn't make stupid emotional comments.

I don't get it, whats the vendetta against Owings? I guess some Dunn fans are going to perpetually hate him just because he was traded for him in a contract year.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    WOW. LOL. Man the hammer has been laid down on bgwilly and jaybruce32 here. I guess it shows who needs to do their research before making stupid posts. Maybe the moderators would give this board a little more respect if some people didn't make stupid emotional comments.

I don't get it, whats the vendetta against Owings? I guess some Dunn fans are going to perpetually hate him just because he was traded for him in a contract year.
    The argument has been rather lopsided.The truth is though that the Owings hatters may just end up getting their way long before the Taveras and Hernandez hatters do.Bailey has a chance to impress and if he pitches at least equal to Owings I think he'll be rewarded the 5th spot in the rotation with Owings going to the pen.As much as I hate to admit it that would be the best move for the Reds imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    The argument has been rather lopsided.The truth is though that the Owings hatters may just end up getting their way long before the Taveras and Hernandez hatters do.Bailey has a chance to impress and if he pitches at least equal to Owings I think he'll be rewarded the 5th spot in the rotation with Owings going to the pen.As much as I hate to admit it that would be the best move for the Reds imo.
    Volquez isn't even close to coming back, and by then Arroyo might be out. I don't see Owings leaving the rotation anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Volquez isn't even close to coming back, and by then Arroyo might be out. I don't see Owings leaving the rotation anytime soon.
    Your right.There is a lot that can happen between now and when Volquez comes back.I just have a feeling that Owings could be the odd man out when that time comes.

I feel that this thread is going to serve as nothing more than a bashfest on the OP. Enough has been said regarding this-- I recommend that a mod close this thread in order to prevent singling out the OP and making him the target of excessive criticism any longer.

If people want to keep talking about Owings' performance as the 5th starter, maybe a fresh start would be good. Every other thread seems to read something like "OMG JB32 IS PWND." It is tiring and pointless, and unfair to him for voicing an opinion (as incorrect as other members of the forum might see it to be).
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    I feel that this thread is going to serve as nothing more than a bashfest on the OP. Enough has been said regarding this-- I recommend that a mod close this thread in order to prevent singling out the OP and making him the target of excessive criticism any longer.
    This is about the third of fourth time he's started this exact thread. A better idea might be to find the others and merge this one with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post

If people want to keep talking about Owings' performance as the 5th starter, maybe a fresh start would be good. Every other thread seems to read something like "OMG JB32 IS PWND." It is tiring and pointless, and unfair to him for voicing an opinion (as incorrect as other members of the forum might see it to be).
    If he didn't want that response he shouldn't have posted. Lets look at the difference between voicing an opinion and blatant baiting or flaming.

He posted this after ONE bad outing. He didn't say anything to back up his opinion, and then asked others to prove him wrong. They go out and do research, and the guy doesn't even respond to the numbers. There was 3, 4 people who backed up why he was incorrect, then he didn't respond to them after they put in the effort to look it up when he didn't.

It just seems as if the guy has a personal vendetta against him, I don't understand it. His numbers aren't even the worst on the STAFF. And compared to year long #5 starters, I am guessing he's among the league leaders. So no, I don't think the response is unfair, he specifically asked people to prove him wrong and they did, and he didn't respond with anything of his own.

Maybe I feel bad because it is too easy of a target. I was one of those who defended Owings and thrashed JB32 as well. It is very obvious that he is wrong based upon mountains and mountains of not only statistical evidence but also physical evidence. I had forgotten about him effectively calling out the other members of this forum to prove him wrong regarding his opinion on Owings. This is my mistake regarding the attitude of the posts in this thread.

I have also noticed that JB32 has not posted in this thread since Owings' last start. Is this common in his previous outbursts against Micah and should we only expect to see him post here again when Owings blows up in a week or two (or more, hopefully)? If so, I understand the attitude in this thread even further.
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

JB32 will be ok.I'm sure we'll see him again making his Owings argument and I for one look forward to it.I like being reminded that we have potentially better options at the position then what should be considered a league average 5th starter.How great is that?

My problem with the thread is the point of micha stinking up the joint (which he isnt). If he wanted to say micha throws bp up there compared to homers stuff then I dont think anyone could argue that. The fact is at this moment he is doing a fine job and shouldnt be ridiculed because homer has a much higher ceiling.

Turn Off Ads?