Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1015

Thread: What was the most recent movie I watched?

Re: What was the most recent movie I watched?

When "Layla" kicks in, everything changes.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Goodfellas is the second best movie ever!

Saw 'I Love you Man'. Very entertaining. I've heard some say it's better than 'The Hangover', I think those people are very wrong.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Goodfellas

Overrated.

*ducks*

I just don't see how the story progressed. It kinda reminded me of Public Enemies in a way, because it was more of a biography, with gangsters coming, going, and dying, with very little development. And it was long. And did I say boring?

4/10
    Gotta say your street cred just went down a notch with this review.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

They call me "chef"

Inglorious Basterds - Solid A!

Finally saw Grand Torino last night.

It was okay--pretty overrated and extremely predictable IMO.

Last two features in my three night movie run:

Snatch

Very unique. I don't know if it was intended to be a comedy, but I laughed a lot. It was entertaining in an off-the-wall kind of way.

5/10

Dead Poets Society

This was a more straight forward film. I don't think it was one of Robin Williams best performances and it got cheesy at times, but it was an interesting story.

5/10

RocknRolla I have no idea what was going on in it. I felt like I was drunk trying to watch whats eating gilbert grape or something.

The new Tarentino movie....was okay to me. Bu the ending was a let down.
    I mean...I know it is a movie....but you just rewrite history when there was a better ending to create out of Hitler, Bormann, Goebbels and the Fat Guy escaping?

nm
    Last edited by WMR; 08-22-2009 at 07:36 PM.

We went and saw Philadelphia Story last night at the Seasongood Pavilion in Eden Park last night, sponsored by the Mt. Adams Civic Assn. It was the final of three movies they showed there this summer (the others were To Catch A Thief and Some Like It Hot). We're sorry we missed the other two. Philadelphia Story is a fun little madcap flick with Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn. Also good in the movie is the young actress who played Hepburn's sister. Lotsa fun.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I probably said too much. :thumbdown

District 9 - Thumbs up

Saw (500) Days of Summer with my wife tonight. Loved the movie. The dialogue was very real to me and not your typical googly eyed love cliches you see in most Hollywood films of the genre.

Am I the only one who thought Summer was a cruel human being? I thought she was just flat out mean. I, too, had a Summer in my youth and was scarred for a while because of it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Watchmen- the opeing half hour is among the best movies I have ever seen, hands down. This is why you watch movies for stuff like this.

And then it..well, dies, with some glorious moments sprinkled about.

Jackie Earle Haley is amazing- I hate that word to descripe actor's performances, but I don't what else to call it. He won't be nominated for an Oscar, but much lesser performances have been. What a presence- the character isn't all that likeable, but you like him regardless. Brando did it with Kowalski, Hailey has it here with Rorsach (sp?).

In regards to the opening credits- it's gorgeous, inventive- just flat out wonderful. Get it in Blu-Ray and sit back and enjoy the best half hour of movie making to come along in a long while. It does in a half hour what most movies fail to do in their entirety. But again, nothing perfect ever lasts....

And I would second, third, fourth the NY Times' motion that "Hallelujah" should forever be banned from movies. In a movie filled with great music, it's the one misstep on that front.

After giving us that great opening and filling the first half of the movie with some perfect music, it sort of morphs into something else. Oh, the promise left on tha table here.

Also saw Bruno- people were either walking out or holding their ribs with laughter. I was in the latter group. I can see how you would be offended, grossed out and I can see how you'd think it was the funniest thing you've seen. For me, hilarious, would never recommend without knowing you personally.

Rewatched Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and Roxanne. Roxanne has not held up well, though Fred Willard makes me howl out loud everytime he opens his mouth. Comedy is delivery, and he almost always nails it. When he is talking about the "Nelson Promotional Cow," I laughed before the lines "Teach her to drink a beer" and "People like this sort of thing" were finished coming out of his mouth.

And Planes Trains and Automobiles is still hilarious after numerous viewings.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 08-23-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Saw 'District 9' and had a really good time. One of the better movies I've seen this year, but I'm a sucker for sci-fi.

Turn Off Ads?