Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else becoming concerned with Votto

Re: Anyone else becoming concerned with Votto

He looks like he's all the way back now to me. Lets just hope he stays healthy and well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Can I just say that Votto is a RIDICULOUS hitter for other teams to contend with when he's on his game? I'm not sure the league has seen this type of dominance since, say, Barry Bonds in his inflated-roid-head mania...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Also, there's this:

Votto entered today’s game with the 15th-best weighted on-base average at .410, somehow a shade below his career average .413. To put his career in historical perspective, he also had a career adjusted OPS of 155, tied for the 19th-best mark in baseball history among players with at least 3,000 career plate appearances. (100 is average.) Other players at 155 include Hank Aaron, Joe DiMaggio, and Mel Ott. Not bad company.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I think we need to revisit the Votto for Erik Bedard trade
    They mentioned during the game today Bladon was 0-7, another Votto trade target.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    .346/.473/.531/1.004

Rumors of Votto's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
    Yeah, but he'll be too expensive when his current deal is up in about a hundred years.

7. Likes:

CySeymour (05-19-2013),gilpdawg (05-19-2013),toledodan (05-19-2013)

Votto may start drawing a ton of walks again. Would you pitch to him right now?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I am incredibly worried about Votto.

10. Likes:

bigredmechanism (05-19-2013),jojo (05-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I agree. Worry worry super scurry.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

12. Likes:

jojo (05-19-2013),toledodan (05-19-2013)

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Can I just say that Votto is a RIDICULOUS hitter for other teams to contend with when he's on his game? I'm not sure the league has seen this type of dominance since, say, Barry Bonds in his inflated-roid-head mania...
    The HR he hit today put any questions to rest. He absolutely BLASTED that ball, and his swing just looked like it should.

Its like he never went anywhere.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

I've seen 2 hitters choke up with 2 strikes on them- 2 in the last 15 years....one was Bonds who was juiced out of his mind and the other is Votto....i do wonder if more players should try it. Maybe being really strong and having a really good eye allows for them to do so.

Sometimes when a player attempts something out of the norm (with regard to his approach) and to the extreme -he can gain an advantage.

Lastly, I've never seen Bruce go to left field as much as he is this year- is this a Votto influence? Anybody heard anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I've seen 2 hitters choke up with 2 strikes on them- 2 in the last 15 years....one was Bonds who was juiced out of his mind and the other is Votto....i do wonder if more players should try it. Maybe being really strong and having a really good eye allows for them to do so.

Sometimes when a player attempts something out of the norm (with regard to his approach) and to the extreme -he can gain an advantage.

Lastly, I've never seen Bruce go to left field as much as he is this year- is this a Votto influence? Anybody heard anything?
    Bonds was always choked up no matter the count. Votto varies his somewhat based on pitchers but is usually choked up, but he changes the amount.

Anyone else becoming concerned with Votto?

Yes, pitchers throughout the National League.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

17. Likes:

Always Red (05-19-2013),bigredmechanism (05-19-2013),dougdirt (05-19-2013),HeatherC1212 (05-19-2013),Homer Bailey (05-19-2013)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Anyone else becoming concerned with Votto?

Yes, pitchers throughout the National League.
    There's more interleague play for everyone this season...the American League pitchers should be worried about Joey too, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So, you're saying that you are currently a MLB pitcher? Gotcha.

~edit~ Damn, Klu beat me to it. :O)

i think a thread should be made like this in regards to the Bullpen because Votto is a monster again

Turn Off Ads?