Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Carpenter

Re: Chris Carpenter

I was at the game and it was obvious to everyone there what a baby he was being.

After the first inning, he called the umpire over and motioned out to the mound, and immediately the grounds crew had to come out and work on it. Then for around the next three innings the grounds crew had to come make the mound just perfect for him - funny that Travis Wood never seemed to care.

The fans also let him have it for standing there like an arrogant jerk and not pitching until the smoke cleared. And he wonders why nobody likes him? Explain that one to your son, chief.

And I couldn't tell for sure but I was pretty sure he was out there griping at Berkman for the misplayed ball and, sure enough - you guys confirmed it on here. I have to think his teammates must hate him. That's what The Cardinals get for putting Berkman in right field - what did you REALLY expect?

It sure must be a sad, lonely world in Chris Carpenter's head.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Note to Carpenter....don't give up a HR to Hernandez, and there's no smoke that has to clear.

Your son could have probably told you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Note to Carpenter....don't give up a HR to Hernandez, and there's no smoke that has to clear.

I hate the Carpenter/ Son attempts at humor. Except this one, it was hilarious.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I don't get into the name calling, but, like other Reds fans, I don't like Carpenter much.

I still think with Wainwright down and other issues, the Cards will be sellers at the deadline. Carpenter is in the last year of his deal and with Pujols possibly going too, the Cards could probably use Alonso. For all his faults, Carpenter could front a rotation in a short series. Could the Reds fans get behind a deal or do we hate him too much?
    I don't want Carpenter here. Not that I think he'd do it, but it'd be in the back of my mind of him pulling an Eddie Cicotte if he ever wore a Reds uniform in a playoff game. He genuinely hates the Reds, and I don't think he'd ever willingly sign here so I don't think he'd ever be happy about any kind of trade here.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

I hated Jim Edmonds and the thought of him wearing Cincinnati Red.

I feel the same way about Chris Carpenter.

Matt Morris was 39 games over .500 in his StL career......10 below .500 with others. I'd expect the same to be true w/ a 38 yr old Chriss.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Him getting pissed off and refusing to pitch until the smoke cleared was hilarious.
    I'll be honest, I thought it was the other way around:

He wanted to pitch, and TWood or umpire asked for time til it cleared. Molina was talking to the ump during this time as well, and the ump seemed to respond with a gesture like, "what do you want me to do?"

It could have been either way, but he was not happy regardless. It was awesome.

I want no part of that crybaby in a Reds uni. I'll take my chances without him

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    It sure must be a sad, lonely world in Chris Carpenter's head.
    Pretty empty, too. What a total tool this weenie is.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post

That's just awesome.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I'd become a Cubs fan the day the Reds traded for Carpenter...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

One thing he absolutely can not explain to his son is how to get a sacrifice bunt down. (Though he did have a slow roller advance the runner after failing to get the bunt down twice in one at bat.)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    That's what The Cardinals get for putting Berkman in right field - what did you REALLY expect?
    Best quote on that subject I heard all off-season: The Cardinals liked Lance Berkman so much they put a statue of him in right field.

Also, how awful is Matt Holliday on defense that they're willing to put up with Berkman in right field?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Best quote on that subject I heard all off-season: The Cardinals liked Lance Berkman so much they put a statue of him in right field.

Also, how awful is Matt Holliday on defense that they're willing to put up with Berkman in right field?
    Holliday is a solid defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    He is Adam Dunn-like bad in RF but I think Theriot at SS hurts them worse. It seemed to me that anything not right at him was a hit this weekend. I'd take Jeff Keppinger there before Theriot

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I don't get into the name calling, but, like other Reds fans, I don't like Carpenter much.

I still think with Wainwright down and other issues, the Cards will be sellers at the deadline. Carpenter is in the last year of his deal and with Pujols possibly going too, the Cards could probably use Alonso. For all his faults, Carpenter could front a rotation in a short series. Could the Reds fans get behind a deal or do we hate him too much?
    In one word no.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?