Unfair.
    Hostage. (holding the team)
    Self-Centered.
    4-year Old Girl.
    Hanging the Team Out to Dry.
    Reprehensible.
    Unexcusable.
    Pouting.

I'm trying to let it soak in that all of those terms were used in a single post to describe Scott Rolen.

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-14-2013),bigredmechanism (02-13-2013),camisadelgolf (02-13-2013),M2 (02-14-2013),Plus Plus (02-18-2013),redsrolen (02-13-2013),RichRed (02-14-2013),SirFelixCat (02-13-2013),Tom Servo (02-13-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jocketty: Rolen will not be attending Reds' camp

I think Rem should take a short break from his keyboard.

Rolen has been the epitome of professional his entire time with the Reds and has taught others on the team what it means to be a leader. Simply put, the Reds are a much better organization thanks to him.

He took his time deciding and that was completely his right to do so. The Reds weren't going to wait, which is all completely reasonable. No one did anything wrong on either side. :shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Petulant.
    Annoying.
    Unfair.
    Hostage. (holding the team)
    Self-Centered.
    4-year Old Girl.
    Hanging the Team Out to Dry.
    Reprehensible.
    Unexcusable.
    Pouting.

I'm trying to let it soak in that all of those terms were used in a single post to describe Scott Rolen.
    That single post is a black eye on Redszone, in my opinion.

Simply embarrassing.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Personally, I think enough people have jumped on Rem by now. Piling on is out of line IMO. He's entitled to his opinion...just because you don't agree with it like myself doesn't condone these last 2 pages. Just my opinion (from someone who's been pounced on in the past here).

7. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-14-2013),Revering4Blue (02-14-2013)

I agree. Personally, I couldn't disagree more with the post in question, but to say things like that "single post is a black eye on Redszone, in my opinion" (among other things, so I'm not simply piling on redsfan30) is also more than a bit over the top.

You can disagree with people's opinions until the cows come home, but frankly, we don't need non-constructive responses like we've seen since rem made his post.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Personally, I think enough people have jumped on Rem by now. Piling on is out of line IMO. He's entitled to his opinion...just because you don't agree with it like myself doesn't condone these last 2 pages. Just my opinion (from someone who's been pounced on in the past here).

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I agree. Personally, I couldn't disagree more with the post in question, but to say things like that "single post is a black eye on Redszone, in my opinion" (among other things, so I'm not simply piling on redsfan30) is also more than a bit over the top.

You can disagree with people's opinions until the cows come home, but frankly, we don't need non-constructive responses like we've seen since rem made his post.
    Yeah, that's fair. More than anything though, I'd like to see rem engage in some respectful debate/discussion on the subject.

Don't get me wrong. We each have our own style on here and post count really doesn't matter in the grand scheme. But less than 20 posts in the last year and you spend one of them emptying your clip on Scott Rolen? To me thats just one of those "exactly how did you expect that to go over" posts that we see from time to time.

So from a constructive point of view, I simply ask that when bringing such heat, try to keep it respectful and also to stick around and try to explain yourself better.

10. Likes:

traderumor (02-14-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Yeah, that's fair. More than anything though, I'd like to see rem engage in some respectful debate/discussion on the subject.

Don't get me wrong. We each have our own style on here and post count really doesn't matter in the grand scheme. But less than 20 posts in the last year and you spend one of them emptying your clip on Scott Rolen? To me thats just one of those "exactly how did you expect that to go over" posts that we see from time to time.

So from a constructive point of view, I simply ask that when bringing such heat, try to keep it respectful and also to stick around and try to explain yourself better.
    I don't object with anything you said here, either.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: Rolen update???

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Maybe if that championship team didn't have Votto, Phillips, Bruce,Chapman, Latos, and Sam Lecure's mustache.

But since the Reds do have lecure"s mustache (and those other guys) your argument is invalid.
    Well, Lecure's mustache does trump all.
    sorry we're boring

13. Likes:

Raisor (02-14-2013)

Remdog is a good guy. (I wasn't singling him out in my response, many people seemed to have a negative opinion over Rolen's status this winter).
    He's just very strongly opinionated like most of us.
    As a fan, I can understand how we like to see our team get everything organized and settled, so we have more comfort. I guess I blame the writers for spinning this into more drama than it should've been.

As soon as the Reds signed Hannaran, it was highly unlikely Scott was coming back. It was kind of obvious then, and even moreso in hindsight. Oh well, at least we got some good hotstove discussion about possible roster moves out of it.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Re: Rolen update???

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Well, Lecure's mustache does trump all.
    Corky would disagree. Sam's is well worth praise....but Miller is on a whole different level.

I wish nothing but the best for Rolen and hope to see him in Cooperstown 5 years after he retires. I know that people worry about what the other players will do without him in the clubhouse since he was such a strong influence. We've heard this time and again over the last decade or so regarding players like Larkin and Griffey and to lesser extents, Dunn, Aurelia, Casey, Cabrera, Hatteberg and a few others who were believed to be influential in the clubhouse. I don't doubt that some, if not all, of these players had a great deal of positive influence on their younger peers. However, eventually you have to cut the cord. If these guys are so influential in a positive way, then the younger players should have learned their lessons and influence the current younger players in the way they were influenced. If that doesn't happen, perhaps those older players weren't that influential after all. Hopefully Votto, Bruce, Phillips, Cueto, Marshall and Arroyo have learned their lessons well and are going to do the same to guys like Frazier, Cozart, Latos, Bailey and others.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

17. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-14-2013),Revering4Blue (02-14-2013),RichRed (02-14-2013)

Once the Reds signed Hannahan, Rolen really didn't have a job with this team. And it's quite possible he doesn't want Hannahan's job anyway.

Perhaps, like others have said, the team's needs and Rolen's outlook will merge later in the year.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I'm not worried about losing Rolen from the clubhouse. This is Votto's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I wish nothing but the best for Rolen and hope to see him in Cooperstown 5 years after he retires.

Just out of curiosity, do you really think that'll happen Chip? Cooperstown that is. I'm just not sure he's going to get in.

2000 hits, 300 hr's, 1200 rbi's, .280 ba, .855 ops career numbers. Extremely solid across the board...but I'm doubtful.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 02-14-2013 at 06:19 PM.

It's hard to get upset about a player who really has nothing left and wouldn't have impacted the team much. I'm certainly glad he didn't sign and wish he would retire before he ends up with permanent damage to his back/shoulder.

He is not fun to watch anymore, very stiff, no power, slow, beat up...great career, good guy, maybe go into coaching/management.

Turn Off Ads?