Braves +3
    Cards
    Dodgers .5
    Pirates 1.5
    Brewers 6.5
    Dbacks 6.5

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NL Playoff Standings and Updates

I hope we get to play the Giants with home field adantage in the NLDS. I undestand that if that happened we wouldn't likely have home field advantage in the NLCS, but I think it is worth it. I really don't want to play the Cards or Dodgers.

The Dodgers got a massive comeback win tonight will be interesting if they can build off it and the have tons and tons of hard games the rest of the way. It will also be interesting to see if the Pirates can get their heads out of their anus' and start beating bad teams and how teams on the upswing like the Mets and Brewers handle going into St Louis were they tend to get rolled recently.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    The Dodgers got a massive comeback win tonight will be interesting if they can build off it and the have tons and tons of hard games the rest of the way. It will also be interesting to see if the Pirates can get their heads out of their anus' and start beating bad teams and how teams on the upswing like the Mets and Brewers handle going into St Louis were they tend to get rolled recently.
    The Dodgers and the Braves had huge comebacks with walk-off wins.

Took the Cardinals 2 hitters to get a lead once they came back home where teams just fall apart when they play there other than the Pirates who fall apart everywhere else as they are down 5-0 to Houston at home half way home. Braves all over the Rockies by 6 in the 6th and the Brewers got hit with the reality check once they had to hit the road again down 6-2 in 4th.

The Cardinals are back home and look like they will run away with the WC, they are on their way up 4-0 in the 5th of winning 24 of 32 .750 at home with 5 of the 8 losses coming to the Giants, Dodgers and Pirates 6-5 vs those 3 teams and don't have much left standing in their way at home the rest of the way with the Nats and us resting guys the final 6 days.

It takes an act of god for them to give up a hit with RISP that actually scores a run the last month at home, their whole team splits are wild looking.

Did you guys see the massive break the Cardinals got up one in the 9th?

Torres hits a double down the line off Motte to start the 9th in a 5-4, they appeal and the umpire rings him up for missing 1st despite all 3 replays not showing he missed and if anything his heel is catches the bag. Mets go 0-for-6 with RISP and lose 5-4, its flat out amazing how few hits they give up with RISP at home despite tons and tons of guys on.

Houston beats the Pirates 5-1 the Buccos are 2.5 out heading into the final 1/6th of the season and now are just fighting for .500 at just 6 games over now after being 16 over on August 8th.

Here is the Andres Torres call from the 9th today.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...y_24469791&v=3

Headley hits a 2-Run jack to put the Dodgers in a 2-0 hole in the first. He could be one of the leagues best players if someone could get him out of Petco Park.

i hope the nationals keep winning so the Reds can avoid the dodgers and cards in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    i hope the nationals keep winning so the Reds can avoid the dodgers and cards in round 1
    I would love to play the Dodgers they are terrible have a losing record for about 100 game period, and are trying to lose again tonight. With the schedule they have left should be plenty more losses to go with those.

The Giants are dangerous getting some guys back healthy and Tim Lincecum truing the corner. Its amazing they are 10-18 in his starts and aren't that far off having the leagues best record.

Dodgers get a big HR from Ethier with one out in the 9th to tie things up 3-3.

Dodgers get their second walk-off in as many days this time by AJ Ellis on the Dodgers 3rd single in a row with two outs. Maybe this one on top of yesterdays will jump start them to play better.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Here is the Andres Torres call from the 9th today.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...y_24469791&v=3
    I loved how the ump enthusiastically punched him out.

In reality, I think the video looks like he touched, but the ump was right on top of it and thought otherwise. One point being made was, if he felt he really touched, why didn't he react more than what he did? I'll say it again though, i thought he touched.

Turn Off Ads?