Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Kevin Stallings:

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is funny:

When all is said and done more is said than done.

Thats more like it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

70 combined FTs?

Think I'll skip that one on the DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    70 combined FTs?

Think I'll skip that one on the DVR.
    Good idea. Aside from a little testy-ness and LeBron James being shown every 5 minutes [he was in attendance and did the Y in Kentucky at halftime] the game was fairly one sided. UK jumped out early and just cruised much of the rest of the game.

Darius Miller - 0 points

Cousins is just nasty.

Cousins notched his 12th double-double of the season today, setting a freshman record (Chris Mills - 11).

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Good idea. Aside from a little testy-ness and LeBron James being shown every 5 minutes [he was in attendance and did the Y in Kentucky at halftime] the game was fairly one sided. UK jumped out early and just cruised much of the rest of the game.
    Well, I did it anyway. The only thing that game really did for me was support my own conclusion -- that Wall is not the best player in the country. This is obvious because he is not the best player on his own team. Cousins is.

Wall maybe has hit a 'wall' that Cousins has not yet hit. Earlier in the season he seemed to take over the game and had an extra gear and he just has not done those things the last 6-8 games.

I agree Cousins is by far the player that opponents have to figure out how to stop and if that qualifies him as the best player, then so be it.

Opposing coaches have learned to send a player to "spear" Wall as he begins to speed up-court with the ball. These defenders (usually fairly slow guys with little defensive ability) get right in his path for the "charge" first. (Multiple charges on Wall have been called in this way.) If that doesn't work, the second wave of defenders hand-check and elbow bar him up the court. No one can run through that. (Though Wall is certainly trying-- hence, the turnovers.)

Too, as he drives, officials are starting to swallow their whistles (especially in the SEC) even as he gets bodied or slapped. (The USC game in particular was brutal in that regard.) Wall then gets frustrated and compounds apparent poor shot with truly bad shot or turnover.

It's too bad this happens in the SEC. In other conferences (the Big East, the ACC, the Pac 10, even the Big Ten), they protect their stud players. In the SEC, guards can't afford to go among the trees too often, for fear of being decapitated. This makes for some really cool blocks and fun defense, but it also really hurts guard play.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Darius Miller - 0 points

Cousins is just nasty.

Cousins notched his 12th double-double of the season today, setting a freshman record (Chris Mills - 11).
    Isn't he also leading the entire SEC in that category?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Wall maybe has hit a 'wall' that Cousins has not yet hit. Earlier in the season he seemed to take over the game and had an extra gear and he just has not done those things the last 6-8 games. I agree Cousins is by far the player that opponents have to figure out how to stop and if that qualifies him as the best player, then so be it.
    The type of player Cousins is, a true honest-to-goodness back to the basket post man, makes him a rare, yet underappreciated player. Everyone has quick, skilled guards. Maybe not as quick as a Wall, but there are tons of quick guards. How many post guys out there can dominate a game offensively? A handful, and most of them are getting paid. Cousins is the best I have seen in a long time at establishing position and being efficient.

Does this concern anybody?

http://www.lex18.com/news/john-wall-is-frustrated/

John Wall doesn't look like he's smiling as much as he was earlier in the season.

When I asked him if that was true, he agreed.

Wall was called out by Cal after the Cats lost to South Carolina. Cal was trying to defend Patrick Patterson who was taking some heat for his play, and in the process, he was strong about Wall.

"I don't know. He said I played awful," says John Wall.

"I didn't think I played that bad. I don't know what to expect. He's probably going to say I played bad today too so. I don't know. I just try not to listen to him and go out and play basketball and try and help my team win."

You could hear it in Walls voice that he was down. Cal's comments bothered him.

"Yeah, I think it's going to bother any player when he tells you that."

Wall is searching for answers. He's not sure why he's so unhappy.

"To be honest, I really haven't been having fun for the last two weeks. It's just being frustrated and things like that so, I just got to figure it out before we go further in league play."

Frustrated with how your playing, the team is playing, what is going on, is it just a lull in the season ?

"'Frustrated with everything. I don't know, one through twenty. Any ideas it is."

The Cats had just beaten Vandy to go to 20-1. But Wall looked like the Cats had just lost two in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    The type of player Cousins is, a true honest-to-goodness back to the basket post man, makes him a rare, yet underappreciated player. Everyone has quick, skilled guards. Maybe not as quick as a Wall, but there are tons of quick guards. How many post guys out there can dominate a game offensively? A handful, and most of them are getting paid. Cousins is the best I have seen in a long time at establishing position and being efficient.
    No disagreements here. He is a beast indeed. Most centers are simply big bodies who occupy space and or can just bully their way to baskets. Cousins seems to have a legitimate skill set that leads to both his offense and his rebounding. I'll miss him next season when he's in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Sounds like a kid who has been unstoppable and consistently praised throughout his career but lately has drawn some criticism. Calipari has dealt with lots of superstar personalities successfully over the years so I'm sure they'll get this straightened out.

I'll add that he sounds like Edgar Sosa except that Sosa says stuff like this as a senior and without any remarkable measure of skill.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I'll add that he sounds like Edgar Sosa except that Sosa says stuff like this as a senior and without any remarkable measure of skill.
    Gotta be frustrating to watch that kid every game.

It frustrates me and I hate U of L.

Turn Off Ads?