Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobblehead Nights... (Rolen, Sabo, Fans Choice)

Bobblehead Nights... (Rolen, Sabo, Fans Choice)

I was just looking at the promotional schedule and Rolen/Sabo were the only 2 bobblehead nights I noticed other than Fans choice, so maybe they're only having 3 instead of 4 this year. I did see they're having a Joey Votto action figure night which could be cool. Kinda surprised they aren't having Cueto, Co-Co, or Homer instead of Rolen who just got here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bobblehead Nights... (Rolen, Sabo, Fans Choice)

I wonder whom this years "fan choice" will be? It would be great if at least 1 or 2 choices were player from say the 60's or 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I was just looking at the promotional schedule and Rolen/Sabo were the only 2 bobblehead nights I noticed other than Fans choice, so maybe they're only having 3 instead of 4 this year. I did see they're having a Joey Votto action figure night which could be cool. Kinda surprised they aren't having Cueto, Co-Co, or Homer instead of Rolen who just got here.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I wonder whom this years "fan choice" will be? It would be great if at least 1 or 2 choices were player from say the 60's or 50's.
    Vote for Javy!!!!!!
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I want a Hal McCoy interviewing Hal Morris bobblehead. The would be HALarious!

Where do you go to vote? I can't find any link to the choices or what the choices are. Personally my four would be:

Ewell Blackwell
    Big Ted K
    Gene Freeze
    Lee May

Where do you go to vote? I can't find any link to the choices or what the choices are. Personally my four would be:

Ewell Blackwell
    Big Ted K
    Gene Freeze
    Lee May
    I think it pops up on their official web site closer to the time. I doubt any of those guys will be options though, last year it was pretty much their current roster. If i were guessing, i'd say Cueto will get the nod.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves of this organization. their overall failure to recognize and repsect the incredible history and talent this organization has had over it's years in play. It is really sad, the Reds have one of it not the worse PR dept's in all of baseball in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I think it pops up on their official web site closer to the time. I doubt any of those guys will be options though, last year it was pretty much their current roster. If i were guessing, i'd say Cueto will get the nod.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I'm pulling for Sparky Anderson with one foot up on the dugout

This is one of my biggest pet peeves of this organization. their overall failure to recognize and repsect the incredible history and talent this organization has had over it's years in play. It is really sad, the Reds have one of it not the worse PR dept's in all of baseball in my opinion.
    Who are you comparing this to to come up with that opinion? I dont see many other teams doing much either, if they do, still somewhat recent stars thta fans recognize. I bet 75% of fans at any Reds game couldnt tell you who those players are
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

The Reds are not "any other team" they are baseball. They have a history only matched by maybe the Yankees. As for fans not knowing who those players are states my case perfectly. All 4 were great players and great Reds and for this organization not to recognize them more, is shameful. Yes the BRM gets it's due, but why can't the 61 team or say the 39-40 team and such get some love. It is sad our promotional team in Cincy doens't grasp it's own teams history.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Who are you comparing this to to come up with that opinion? I dont see many other teams doing much either, if they do, still somewhat recent stars thta fans recognize. I bet 75% of fans at any Reds game couldnt tell you who those players are

That was the longest way I have ever seen anyone not answer a question^. You stated our team has the worst PR Dept in all of baseball, what leads you to say that, compared to other teams? Not saying I dont agree with your thought process of it would be neat to see more history recognized, but dont think enough general fans care enough of the past, they are paying to be there now and for the future. The team makes these bobbleheads for those fans, many who come just to collect them and dont care about the game (see attendace stats to support that), not for the hardcore fan that wants the past, present and future.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I don't expect all promotions to be about the past, but the Reds do little to none to recognize our past history. What better way to educate our younger fans then via giveaways and such. Do a bobblehead of say Bucky Waters and have the night be about the 40 WS team, whom was on it, what they did and such.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    That was the longest way I have ever seen anyone not answer a question^. You stated our team has the worst PR Dept in all of baseball, what leads you to say that, compared to other teams? Not saying I dont agree with your thought process of it would be neat to see more history recognized, but dont think enough general fans care enough of the past, they are paying to be there now and for the future. The team makes these bobbleheads for those fans, many who come just to collect them and dont care about the game (see attendace stats to support that), not for the hardcore fan that wants the past, present and future.

^ i think its a great idea, dont get me wrong, just think you are looking at it from the wrong angle. PR is supposed to do things to bring fans to the stadium and "fans" dont seem to care about history, they want their current bobblehead of whoever they saw on ESPN the other night to throw on Ebay. I have tried talking with the Durham Bulls (my local baseball fix) about something similar-they sell mini-season packages and they are all focused towards family/kids, not even baseball, but cartoons and stuff. I told them that keeps me from the park, I like to go watch baseball, but the kids screaming over Diego makes it hard to watch without wanting ot rign their (and their parents) necks. They should do a ticket package that actually deals with the game between the lines, not the games on the concourse. The response I got was the family/kids pay the bills, not the baseball fans.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

youngtimer

I think a classic bobblehead would be a Paul O'Neill.

I'm only 23, but I would like to see a Big Red Machine year where they give away Rose, Morgan, Bench, and Perez. Also more currently i'd like to see Cueto, Bailey, and Co-Co, and wouldn't mind multiples of Votto, or whoever the best player at the time is. I'd rather have doubles of a guy like Votto as opposed to them making some such as Felipe Lopez, and Wily Mo Pena like they have in the past.

Turn Off Ads?