Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Official NFL Draft Thread

Re: 2013 Official NFL Draft Thread

Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    He's better than Gresham.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    We will just go ahead and mark you down in the wrong category.

He was the only player on ND who looked like he belonged playing against Bama.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

5. Likes:

19braves77 (04-26-2013)

If you don't have an elite QB, you have to surround what you've got with weapons. Pick up a RB with one of the next three pick and the team will have done about all it can do to help Dalton out.

You do realize the Bengals have a QB with an average arm, and they struggled to score. A athletic freak that is a holy terror in the redzone seems just like what the doctor ordered. This is the best redzone weapon in the draft, and the Bengals got him at 21.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013teifert.php
    Totally agree with everything you said. With a QB with limited arm strength an athletic TE who can work the middle of the field is a far more useful than an over the top threat at WR. I'm not sure Dalton is the long term answer at QB but Eifert is going to make him look a whole lot better.

If you don't have an elite QB, you have to surround what you've got with weapons. Pick up a RB with one of the next three pick and the team will have done about all it can do to help Dalton out.
    Totally agree. If Sanu and Jones take that extra step, to add to Green and Gresham plus Eifert, add a Gio Bernard, and watch out.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

This is the first year I've had the NFL Network. Their coverage is so much better than ESPN's. Mayock is great.

Here's a thought:

If Geno Smith is still available when the Bengals pick, do you take him in the second round? If you really want to send a message to Dalton to start producing taking a QB could breed competition.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Here's a thought:

If Geno Smith is still available when the Bengals pick, do you take him in the second round? If you really want to send a message to Dalton to start producing taking a QB could breed competition.

Absolutely not. Gotta get Elam, Cyprien, or Ogletree at 37, Gio Bernard or Johnathon Franklin at 54.

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Here's a thought:

YOu could be really nice and give us (Oakland) our pick back :P. After you forced a senile old man to take your trash . J/k. Seriously though I don't think thats the type of message you need to send at this point. Maybe on Saturday you take someone whos fallen a bit (like the Arizona QB for example). A 2nd is too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Absolutely not. Gotta get Elam, Cyprien, or Ogletree at 37, Gio Bernard or Johnathon Franklin at 54.
    What if Lacey is there at 37?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    YOu could be really nice and give us (Oakland) our pick back :P. After you forced a senile old man to take your trash . J/k. Seriously though I don't think thats the type of message you need to send at this point. Maybe on Saturday you take someone whos fallen a bit (like the Arizona QB for example). A 2nd is too much.
    Hey, now. He had already died. That one was all on Hue.

What if Lacey is there at 37?
    I am not that big a fan of Lacy.

Ogletree just taken by St. Louis

This is the first year I've had the NFL Network. Their coverage is so much better than ESPN's. Mayock is great.
    I think this is my third year with the NFL Network. It definitely blows ESPN away. I've switched over to ESPN a couple times tonight, because I like Jon Gruden, but as soon as I hear Chris Berman's voice, it's right back to the NFL Network.

Ogletree just went to the Rams. I wanted him next. No way we take Geno Smith though. Dalton is still growing as a QB. He's put up pretty impressive numbers for a guy with only two years in the league. The things he needs to fix are fixable. Whether it happens or not, we'll see, but it's way too early to try to draft over him.

Turn Off Ads?