Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

Re: Glenn Dorsey a Bengal?

I hope they tell us about Thurman before the dang draft :o

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just can't see Matt Ryan not being selected by Atlanta either, I love Mock drafts but I just can't figure where this guy is going with this one.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I think if we move up ahead of NE we get one of the 3 Dorsey, Ellis, or Gholston. Trading with KC seems really possible.

I think it would be tempting to trade down a few spots, get a high 3rd rounder, and still get someone like a Keith Rivers or Derrick Shaw, IF someone like Dorsey or Ellis or Gholston or Clady falls to them, and someone in the mid-teens wants one of them.

The Bengals will need quantity as much as quality if Justin Smith, Landon Johnson, and Madeiu Williams bolt.

If they can't get one of the premier defensive lineman, I'd almost prefer they trade down, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    I think it would be tempting to trade down a few spots, get a high 3rd rounder, and still get someone like a Keith Rivers or Derrick Shaw, IF someone like Dorsey or Ellis or Gholston or Clady falls to them, and someone in the mid-teens wants one of them.

The Bengals will need quantity as much as quality if Justin Smith, Landon Johnson, and Madeiu Williams bolt.
    Yea if they cant get the quality they shouldnt draft a guy that isnt a top 10 pick. they could move back to the middle of the round and still draft one of the best LBers for sure.

This guy is moving up the ladder quick after a great combine. At number 9 he is a reach but Marvin and company may be able to trade down to get him.

Quinton Groves from the War Room website:

Groves is one of the best pass rushers in the 2008 NFL Draft but he is unlikely to be an every down NFL defensive end immediately. Groves project to be an ideal fit as a 3-4 rush linebacker in the right scheme. He could also fit well as a rush type end in a scheme that will protect him from being run at. He is ready to contribute as a pass rusher immediately and he was simply unblockable when healthy in 2007.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Dan Wilkinson would have been an all timer if he was developed and played under a great coach. It was both his fault and the usual Bengal way of not motivating a player. He also wasn't exactly put around great talent. It's amazing what talent around a player does.

I'm hoping for Ellis or Gholston. The only problem with Gholston is he can disappear at times and he doesn't have the longest arms. His past work in the LEO position is really good though for a team switching to a 3-4. Landon Johnson is gone probably and the Bengals don't have explosive talent if Odell blows up again.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

If we got the chance to draft Glenn Dorsey, it would be the best draft that the Bengals made in the past 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    If we got the chance to draft Glenn Dorsey, it would be the best draft that the Bengals made in the past 20 years.
    You cant be seriously saying that

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    You cant be seriously saying that
    Hell yeah I am.

We will look back at this draft 10 years from now and lament how we let Glenn Dorsey get away from us if that indeed occurs.

Hell yeah I am.

We will look back at this draft 10 years from now and lament how we let Glenn Dorsey get away from us if that indeed occurs.
    The best draft in the last 20 years? I dont know if I will ever believe that you really think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    The best draft in the last 20 years? I dont know if I will ever believe that you really think that.
    Because the Bengals have had so many scary-good drafts?

I'm telling you that Glenn Dorsey is a franchise-changing type of talent.

Because the Bengals have had so many scary-good drafts?
    2001 would be really hard to be topped. 3 probowlers came out of that draft.

Turn Off Ads?