Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who plays 3b tomorrow?

Who plays 3b tomorrow?

And I don't say that due to Rolen's error. If you play Rolen tomorrow, he doesn't play on Thursday at a 1 PM start time. So over the next two days which do you play Frazier?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who plays 3b tomorrow?

Start Frazier the next two games and there's a good chance he makes a contribution on offense.

Sorry, but Rolen's playing no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Sorry, but Rolen's playing no matter what.
    Have to agree. He's one of the leaders on this team.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    And I don't say that due to Rolen's error. If you play Rolen tomorrow, he doesn't play on Thursday at a 1 PM start time. So over the next two days which do you play Frazier?

I don't think the extra day(s) of rest apply in the playoffs. It doesn't bother me much. Frazier had cooled off at the end of the year and Rolen is batting low enough. I'd probably flip him with Hanigan, but hard to be too upset about it. Defense is going to be critical.

Zito is a lefty. Frazier eats lefties for breakfast. I'd play Frazier on Wednesday and bring Rolen back Thursday if necessary.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Have to agree. He's one of the leaders on this team.
    The leaders should be stepping it up in the postseason. If a rookie had committed two errors in three games Dusty would probably put them on the bench for the remainder of the postseason.

They should play Frazier and get a bat in the lineup. The offense did not look good at all tonight.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Rolen can play consecutive day games.

Dusty has to seriously consider benching Rolen. His bat is woefully slow and he's even not fielding well now. Even before the error last night I felt like his range had really diminshed the last two or three weeks. But I expect Rolen to be in there for duration of the post season however long that lasts.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I'd go Frazier.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

It'll be Frazier due to the night/day back to backs. No other reason than that. Dusty clearly said he wanted to get Todd and Heisey in there but the timing & matchups weren't right. He even pointed to a night/day scenario.

I'd like to see Fraizer, but I would be surprised. In Cincy I would take Heisey in CF too and if have the lead late put stubbs in for defense. Similar with Rolen. Start Fraizer and get him 3 ab and if we have the lead put the defense in. Just my thoughts. They don't matter though with Dusty at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    I'd like to see Fraizer, but I would be surprised. In Cincy I would take Heisey in CF too and if have the lead late put stubbs in for defense. Similar with Rolen. Start Fraizer and get him 3 ab and if we have the lead put the defense in. Just my thoughts. They don't matter though with Dusty at the helm.
    I don't see Dusty sitting Stubbs today against the LH, particularly one he's had some success against.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Frazier today. Rolen tomorrow.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Frazier today. Rolen tomorrow.
    I agree with this. Hands down.

Turn Off Ads?